|Purpose||Health Insurance Company|
|Headquarters||New York City, United States|
|New York State|
Fidelis Care is a New York-based health insurance company.
Formed in 1993, Fidelis Care serves more than 1.7 million New York residents. It is a subsidiary of Centene Corp.
Fidelis Care was formed in 1993 under the auspices of the Catholic Medical Center of Brooklyn and Queens, Inc. and the Diocese of Brooklyn to serve the poor and medically underserved, initially operating only in a 14-zip code area Brooklyn. In 1994, Fidelis Care expanded its services throughout Brooklyn and Queens. In 1994, the eight bishops of the Catholic Dioceses, led by John Cardinal O'Connor, sought to extend the Fidelis Care license across the State, receiving final approval in 1996. In addition to its Medicaid Managed Care program, Fidelis Care became an approved provider of Child Health Plus in 1997, and Family Health Plus in 2001. Both are New York State-sponsored health insurance programs.
In May 2004, Fidelis Care began Fidelis Medicare Advantage and Dual Advantage to serve the elderly. After becoming a subsidiary of Fidelis Care in 2005, CenterCare, a New York City-based Medicaid managed care plan, was formally acquired by Fidelis Care in 2008. In 2009, Fidelis Care launched Fidelis Medical Advantage Plus (HMO), a managed long term care product for individuals 18 years of age or older who have a chronic illness or disability. On December 8, 2010, Fidelis Care opened a new Community Office in Patchogue, New York. In 2012, Fidelis Care expanded its "Fidelis Care at Home" managed long-term care program into 11 counties throughout New York State.
In 2013, Fidelis Care celebrated its 20th anniversary. That same year, Fidelis Care was approved to be a Qualified Health Plan, offering products through NY State of Health: The Official Health Plan Marketplace.
On June 23, 2017, Fidelis Care introduced their Every Child Covered campaign, a new marketing, advertising, and communications campaign to raise awareness for the 100,000 children who are still uninsured in New York State, and to highlight the availability of quality, affordable coverage for kids under 19.
On January 8, 2018, Fidelis Care received full, three-year Health Plan Accreditation from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). The Accredited status applies to its Medicaid (HMO), Medicare Advantage/Dual Advantage (HMO/POS), and Qualified Health Plans (HMO) through the NY State of Health Marketplace.
Acquisition by Centene
Fidelis Care's main offices are located in New York City, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo, with satellite offices in Suffern and Poughkeepsie, and Community Offices in Albany, Bath, Bay Shore, Bronx, Buffalo, Chinatown, Flushing, Gouverneur, Inwood, Jamaica, Patchogue, Rego Park, Ridgewood, Rochester, Spring Valley, Springville, Staten Island, Sunset Park, Utica, Westbury, and Yonkers.
- Fidelis Care. "Fidelis Care 2016 Annual Report". Retrieved 2014-07-21.
- St. Ann School. "Fidelis Care". St. Ann School. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- Queens Gazette. "Fidelis Care, CenterCare Sign Agreement". Queens Gazette. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- "Fidelis Care opens new office | The Long Island Catholic". www.newspaper.licatholic.org. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- The Business Journal CNY. "Fidelis Care brings managed long-term care program to CNY". The Business Journal CNY. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- , Fidelis Care Approved as Qualified Health Plan in New York State of Health: The Official Health Plan Marketplace
- "Fidelis Care Unveils New Campaign Focused on Uninsured Children in New York State". Fidelis Care. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- National Committee for Quality Assurance, National Committee for Quality Assurance
- , Fidelis Care Earns NCQA Health Plan Accreditation
- Mathews, Anna Wilde; Armental, Maria (September 12, 2017). "Centene Agrees to Buy Fidelis Care in $3.75 Billion Deal". Wall Street Journal. New York City, United States. Retrieved September 13, 2017.
- , Centene Completes Transaction With Fidelis Care