From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Fifth (music))
|Look up fifth in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fifth is the ordinal form of the number five.
Fifth or The Fifth may refer to:
- Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution, as in the expression "pleading the Fifth"
- Fifth column, a political term
- Fifth disease, a contagious rash that spreads in school-aged children
- Fifth force, a proposed force of nature in addition to the four known fundamental forces
- Fifth (Stargate), a robotic character in the television series Stargate SG-1
- Fifth (unit), a unit of volume used for distilled beverages in the U.S.
- Fifth-generation programming language
- The fifth in a series, or four after the first: see ordinal numbers (linguistics)
- 1st Battalion 5th Marines
- A quintile, or 20%
- A fraction, such as 1/5
- The royal fifth (Spanish and Portuguese), an old royal tax of 20%
- A musical interval; specifically, a
- Quintal harmony, in which chords concatenate fifth intervals (rather than the third intervals of tertian harmony).
- Fifth (chord)
- Musical compositions
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fifth.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.