File:Magic the gathering-card back.jpg
Magic: the Gathering cards are designated by various types and colors.
I, bradleyjx, assert that the use of this image in the article Magic: The Gathering on Wikipedia falls under fair use at Magic: The Gathering because:
- The image is used to illustrate the game, to inform, and to comment on them.
- The reproduction of the image here in no way infringes on the ability of the copyright holder (Wizards of the Coast), nor the retailers who deal directly with consumers, to sell the physical cards pictured and profit from the game.
- The image is scanned at a lower resolution than the real-life pictures of the cards.
- The image of the card pictured here is widely distributed and is visible in many places on the Internet, and the copyright holder has historically tolerated this online reproduction of unaltered images of such cards. bradleyjx (talk) 03:42, 20 February 2008 (UTC)
- The cardback was designed by Jesper Myrfors.
|This image is of a card, and the copyright for it is most likely held by the publisher of the card. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images of cards to illustrate the card in question qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Fair use for more information.
|This work contains material which may be subject to trademark laws in one or more jurisdictions. Before using this content, please ensure that it is used to identify the entity or organization that owns the trademark and that you have the right to use it under the laws which apply in the circumstances of your intended use. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you do not infringe someone else's trademark.
These restrictions are independent of the copyright status. See also the Wikipedia trademark disclaimer and Wikipedia:Logos.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||17:26, 10 November 2008||300 × 416 (52 KB)||Drilnoth||== Summary == Magic: the Gathering cards are designated by various types and colors. I, bradleyjx, assert that the use of this image in the article Magic: The Gathering on Wikipedia falls under fair use because: #The image is used to illustrate the gam|
- You cannot overwrite this file.