||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for sports and athletics. (October 2013)|
|Full name||Filip Mentel|
|Date of birth||2 February 1990|
|Place of birth||Bratislava, Czechoslovakia|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|2011||→ Clyde (loan)||11||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 October 2011.
† Appearances (Goals).
Filip Mentel (Born 2 February 1990) is a Slovak footballer who plays as a goalkeeper. He formerly played for Manchester City, and Dundee United. His father, Miroslav Mentel was also a professional footballer.
Mentel signed for Dundee United in July 2010, joining fellow Slovakian goalkeeper Dušan Perniš at the SPL club. In July 2011, Mentel moved to Clyde on loan, in the Scottish Third Division. Mental made his Bully wee debut with a 2-0 win against league favorites Peterhead at Broadwood, But Mentel's loan spell ended prematurely, after suffering a serious knee injury in November 2011 in a game that ended 0-0 against Annan Athletic and he returned to Dundee United for treatment after making 12 appearances. Mentel left Dundee Utd in November 2012, his contract ended by mutual consent. During his two years with the club, Mentel failed to register a single competitive appearance.
- (21 June 2007). Mentel bude chytať za Manchester City!, Pravda (Slovakia) (in Slovakian)
- "Footballing Family". BBC Sport. BBC. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "Mentel block not strong enough to stop Annan’s wining streak". The Herald (Glasgow). 29 August 2011.
- "Goalkeeper Filip Mentel joins Dundee United". BBC Sport. BBC. 8 July 2010. Retrieved 9 July 2010.
- "New Dundee United goalie Filip Mentel wants to return to Manchester City". Daily Record (Scotland). 10 July 2010.
- "Duffy to add keeper". clydefc.co.uk. 13 July 2011. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "Mentel ruled out". clydefc.co.uk. 14 November 2011. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- "Dundee United part company with former Manchester City youth goalkeeper Filip Mentel". November 22, 2013. Retrieved March 02, 2013.