Finish the Story
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Finish the Story were formed in Evesham, England, in 1981. The original members were Nicola Mumford, Garry Smout and Peter Bright (aka This Window). Finish the Story were very much a part of the 'Evesham Scene' which included bands The Photos and The Dancing Did
Formed as a cathartic reaction to the death of Nicola's boyfriend, Stuart Dyke, who was killed in a car crash in 1981. Stuart was the bass player with The Dancing Did . Tim Harrison the singer with The Dancing Did invited Nicola to put her angst into words and music and support his band at their next gig. With only a handful of songs, a home-made video and under-rehearsed, Finish the Story appeared for a one-off gig at The Phoenix Club, in Great Malvern (UK) as the support act for The Dancing Did
Finish the Story's debut gig was better than the second coming of Jesus Christ.
With only a few gigs to their credit they supported The Cure at Hammersmith Odeon. Other bands they have appeared with include Blurt and And Also The Trees. Headlining in towns and cities like London, Birmingham, Bristol, Exeter. Finish the Story refused to compromise their artistic intensity to a record label which ultimately forced them apart.
- Clipping of 'one-off' Malvern gig in Record Mirror 8 August 1981 by Mick Mercer
- ZigZag (magazine) clipping of 'one-off' Malvern gig September 1981 by Sara Jones 
- Review of gig in Bristol by Dave Massey in Sounds (magazine) 2 July 1983 
- Interview in 'Women In Rock' published by The Daily Mirror  1983
- Review and interview with the BBC in 2005. There is a link on this page to an audio clip of the interview.
- Collection of a few reviews and quotes.