Finley the Fire Engine
Finley the Fire Engine is a 2001 CGI children's cartoon series produced by Balley Beg animation studios in Douglas, Isle of Man. It is about the talking vehicles in a fictional town called Friendlyville. Each episode has a theme: for example, "The Eyes Have It"'s theme is "wearing spectacles is no reason to be embarrassed". The UK cast features Justin Fletcher, Jon Fox, Callum Hanks, Janet James, Jay Simon, Jonty Stephens, and Emma Tate.
78 episodes are planned, each running for 15 minutes. It is, as of October 2007, being shown in Britain by the BBC. It is aimed at 2 to 6 year olds. The show also aired on ABC in Australia (18 March 2008 - 4 May 2014).
- Main characters
- Finley is a male red fire engine who is, of course, the star of the show. He lives in Fire Station No. 5 and loves nothing better than having fun with his highway pals. He often sleeps with his teddy bear, Diesel (not to be confused with the character of the same name from Thomas & Friends). He is voiced by Callum Hanks in the UK (who also voices the turtle, Tuck in the television show, Wonder Pets) and Reece Thompson and Chancellor Miller in the US.
- Dex (sometimes known as Dexter) is a male blue dump truck who is an antagonist of the show. In "I Dare Ya", he tried to force Finley to jump over the big muddy puddle without acting like a chicken wagon. He is voiced by Jay Simon in the UK and Andrew Francis and Richard Steven Horvitz in the US.
- Captain Parker is a male older red senior fire engine who always keeps the gang in check. He is voiced by Dean Smith.
- DJ is a female orange front loader, excavator, or digger (although described on site as a bulldozer) who enjoys nothing better than digging. It reveals in "Lights Out" that she sometimes sucks her scooper when she goes to sleep. She is voiced by Maggie Blue O'Hara and Cristina Pucelli in the US.
- Jesse is a female yellow-and-pink tow truck with a siren shaped like a bow. She can be a bit timid and shy at times, but she is always ready and raring to come to the rescue. She is voiced by Chantal Strand and Cristina Pucelli in the US.
- Isabelle is a female green-and-purple ice cream van who is very polite and cheerful. In "Lights Out", she is afraid to tell everyone that she sleeps with her headlights on in case they laugh at her. She might have a crush on Finley. She has a Manchester accent in the UK. She is voiced by Andrea Libman and Tara Strong in the US (who have also voiced various characters in the television show, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic).
- Abigail is a female white ambulance who is kind, gentle and sweet. She is voiced by Teryl Rothery and Tara Strong in the US.
- Miguel is a male silver mail truck who is always reliable. In "Lights Out", it reveals that he sleeps with his parking lights on. One time he tested Scooty's new game without his permission. He is voiced by CBeebies presenter Justin Fletcher in the UK and Matt Hill and James Arnold Taylor in the US.
- Gorby is a male green recycling truck who can be a bit cheeky and goofy at times. He has a Manchester accent in the UK. He is voiced by Lee Tockar and Quinton Flynn in the US.
- Scooty is a male yellow school bus who can get a bit nervous at times. He is voiced by Danny McKinnon and Carlos Alazraqui in the US.
- Hubert is a male blue-and-white police car. He is voiced by David Paul Grove and Quinton Flynn in the US.
- Carl is a male blue lorry. He is voiced by Dean Smith and Carlos Alazraqui in the US.
- Scout is a male Dalmatian who is Finley's best friend.
- Suds is a male purple-and-pink talking car wash. He has a Cockney accent. He is voiced by Jay Simon in the UK and Michael Dobson and Patrick Canavan in the US.
- Mr. Bell is a male yellow talking fire station bell who spends the day sleeping. One time he had an emergency himself: he can't get to sleep! He is voiced by and Lee Tockar and Carlos Alazraqui in the US.
- Lyle and Lois are talking fuel pumps. Lyle is male and blue, whilst Lois is female and orange. In the UK, they have Cornish accents, while they have Texas accents in the US. Lyle is voiced by Michael Dobson and Carlos Alazraqui in the US, whilst Lois is voiced by Kathleen Barr and Tara Strong in the US.
- Polly is a female silver talking firemen's pole. She is voiced by Kathleen Barr and Cristina Pucelli in the US.
- Episode guide at BBC
|This animated television series–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|