|Occupation||Music industry publicist|
Bloom grew up in St John's Wood, London. She took piano lessons as a child and trained to be a concert pianist. She moved to the U.S. after her father moved to Atlanta, Georgia for business reasons. She starting training as a disk jockey and worked at college radio in Georgia State University.
After receiving a degree in Speech Communications, Bloom began her professional career in 1991 at WSTR FM as the station's assistant music director, and she also served as an on-air personality. In 1994, EMI Records head Daniel Glass appointed her to the position of Director of New Artist Marketing. After working at EMI, Bloom served as the Director of Media Relations at Zero Hour Records. She started her own subsidiary record label, called 3-2-1, in 1996.
Bloom started her agency The Bloom Effect in 2007. That year, she was named Top Consultant/Strategist of the Year by the National Association of Recording Industry Professionals (NARIP). Her agency represents acts including Jesse Clegg and Wayna, who was subsequently nominated for a Grammy award.
In 2013, Bloom set up StoryTime, a twice-weekly children's book reading session which now runs at Butterfly 7, a children's store in Brooklyn. She says the sessions are "very interactive" and have a musical element.
- "Fiona Bloom- putting energy in entertainment". Rollingout.Com. Retrieved October 19, 2011.
- "Fiona and the Bloom Effect". patch.com. 10 July 2012. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Story Time at Butterfly 7". The Brooklyn Reader. 8 August 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Interview Fiona Bloom". Femmixx.com. Retrieved 2011-10-19.
- "Fiona Bloom | Inspiring People | Living Louder". DanaRoc.com. 2006-10-19. Retrieved 2011-10-19.
- "International Marketer, World Citizen, Connector, Producer - Fiona Bloom". www.danaroc.com. 2009-10-26. Retrieved 2011-10-19.
- "Fiona Bloom Interview | SoulTracks - Soul Music Biographies, News and Reviews". SoulTracks. 2008-08-25. Retrieved 2011-10-19.
- Bartlett, James (11 December 2013). "British Expat of the Month: Fiona Bloom, Publicist Extraordinaire". BBC America. Retrieved 10 December 2014.