||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Firass Dirani in 2012
29 April 1984
Firass Dirani (pronounced Feh-ress; born 29 April 1984) is a Lebanese Australian film and television actor known for his roles of Nick Russell, the Red Mystic Ranger on Power Rangers Mystic Force, Charlie on the 2009 Australian film The Combination, and as John Ibrahim on the 2010 series Underbelly: The Golden Mile. Since 2012 he has played Justin Baynie in the Australian TV seriesHouse Husbands.
Of Lebanese descent, Dirani was born in Sydney in 1984. He trained at the Actors College of Theatre and Television in Sydney central. The College set up a scholarship there in his honor.
Films include Killer Elite, which starred Jason Statham, Clive Owen, Yvonne Strahovski and Robert De Niro. Dirani won the Logie for Most Popular New Male Talent and the Graham Kennedy award for most outstanding new talent, at the 2011 Logie Awards.
- Pitch Black (2000) as Ali
- Lost (2000) as John Savvides
- MI7 (2003) as Special Agent
- Change (2003) as Joe Change
- The Marine (2006) as Rebel Leader
- The Black Balloon (2008) as Russell
- Crooked Business (2008) as 'Stand-Up' Stevie
- The Combination (2009) as Charlie
- Killer Elite (2011) as Bakhait
- Last Dance (2012) as Sadiq
- Hacksaw Ridge (2016) as Vito Rinnelli
- Children's Hospital (1997) as Marc
- Home & Away (1998) as Billy
- The Potato Factory (2000) Mini Series as David Solomon
- My Husband, My Killer as Butch Kalajzich
- White Collar Blue Episode #1.7 (2002) as Nick Zenopoulos
- All Saints Suspicious Minds (2003) as Joe Malouf
- Small Claims: White Wedding (2005) as Benny
- The Silence (2006 film) (2006) as Anthony
- Power Rangers: Mystic Force (2006) as Nick "Bowen" Russell/Red Mystic Ranger
- Kick (2007) as Amen Salim
- East West 101 (2007) as Telal
- Underbelly: The Golden Mile (2010) as John Ibrahim
- The Straits (2012) as Gary Montebello
- House Husbands (2012–present) as Justin
- Sydney Dream Ball (2003) as Aerial Acrobat
- Stories (2003)
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (2003) as Puck
- Kid Stakes/Other Times (2003)
- The Tempest (2004) as Caliban
Dirani has won several Logie Awards. In 2011, he won two awards - winning the Most Outstanding New Talent and the Most Popular Male New Talent awards, for his role in Underbelly: The Golden Mile. In 2013, he was nominated for the Most Popular Actor award for his roles in The Straits and House Husbands.
- McWhirter, Erin (6 February 2010). "Underbelly's Firass Dirani - the day I met John Ibrahim, the King of the Cross". heraldsun.com.au. Retrieved 11 April 2010.
- "Firass Dirani is Cleo Bachelor of the Year". The Sydney Morning Herald. 29 April 2010. Retrieved 29 April 2010.
|This article relating to Power Rangers is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|