||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|David K Williams (CEO)|
|Products||Inventory Management Software and Solutions|
Number of employees
|103 (November 2015)|
Fishbowl was formed in 2001 by Chuck and Beverly Hale, two business owners in Salt Lake City. The pair invested $3 million into the software company and went through several CEOs in rapid succession. In 2004, they hired consultant David K. Williams, who was able to reorganize the company, eliminate its debt and prime it for rapid growth.
The company's flagship product, formerly called Fishbowl Inventory, is an inventory management solution that integrates with QuickBooks. It is now separated into two products called Fishbowl Manufacturing and Fishbowl Warehouse. Starting in 2003, Fishbowl has been the top-selling manufacturing and warehouse management solution for QuickBooks.
Fishbowl is the creator of the following products:
- Fishbowl Manufacturing – Inventory management solution mainly for manufacturers using QuickBooks or Xero.
- Fishbowl Warehouse – Inventory management solution mainly for wholesale distributors and other companies with multiple warehouses.
- Fishbowl Canada – Fishbowl’s first international software version that integrates with QuickBooks Canada and uses the Canadian currency and tax code.
- Fishbowl Australia – A version of Fishbowl that works for businesses in Australia and New Zealand.
- Fishbowl Mobile – Add-on to Fishbowl that allows for barcode creation, printing, and scanning in a warehouse.
- Fishbowl Workforce – An online time-clock solution that allows employees to log in and out of work and employers to track employee hours.
- Fishbowl SalesPoint – Point of sale software and hardware that allows companies to accept cash and credit cards from customers.
- Fishbowl Hosted Services – Third-party server hosting that provides online data access and security for businesses.
In addition, Fishbowl Manufacturing and Fishbowl Warehouse integrate with QuickBooks Online, Xero, Salesforce, Magento, and UPS, among other business solutions.
Fishbowl has donated its software to local elementary schools and employees regularly engage in community service to Provo, Orem, and other local communities. The company has also partnered with several Utah groups and companies to create the Courage Above Mountains Foundation, which provides job education and additional services to low-income mothers and other people in need, as well as local resources for entrepreneurs.
In 2015, Fishbowl was named one of the Principal® 10 Best Companies for Employee Financial Security. Fishbowl has also earned a number of business awards for its revenue growth from organizations such as Inc. 5000, Deloitte, MountainWest Capital, and Global Red Herring.
- "Fishbowl Named Sixth-Fastest Growing Company in Utah" (PDF). Utah Business Magazine. September 2008.
- "Fastest-Growing Companies". Utah Valley BusinessQ. Spring 2008. Archived from the original on May 18, 2011.
- Gordon, Dick (October 3, 2012). "Fishbowl Inventory". The Story.
- "Fishbowl Adds Manufacturing to Inventory System". WebCPA. October 19, 2009.
- Brousell, David (April 3, 2010). "Easing Mobility in Warehouse Management". Managing Automation.
- Gaskin, James (March 4, 2009). "Extending QuickBooks with Fishbowl Inventory". IT World.
- "Integrations". Fishbowl. Retrieved November 6, 2015.
- "Fishbowl's Courage Above Mountains Seeks Gently Used Computer Donations". Utah Valley Business Blog. November 22, 2011.
- Cutler, Sarah (April 1, 2011). "AROUND UTAH". Utah Business.
- "The Principal 10 Best Winners". Principal Financial Group. Retrieved November 6, 2015.
- "Ahead of the Curve: Fishbowl Receives National Recognition". Fishbowl. September 15, 2015.
- Redgrave, Chris. "Speaking on Business: Fishbowl". Zions Bank. Retrieved November 6, 2015.
- "Fishbowl Inventory". Inc. 5000. Retrieved November 6, 2015.
- "Deloitte's 2014 Technology Fast 500" (PDF). Deloitte Development LLC. Retrieved November 6, 2015.
- "Year 2 for Radiate Media as Utah's Fastest Growing Company for 2013 by MountainWest Capital Network". MountainWest Capital Network. October 22, 2013.
- "Deloitte's 2014 Technology Fast 500". Deloitte Development LLC. Retrieved November 6, 2015.