Flexera Software is an American computer software company based in Itasca, Illinois. Flexera Software is a private equity backed company, with more than 70,000 customers. Flexera Software provides software licensing, compliance and installation solutions for application producers and mid to large enterprises. The company's products include InstallShield, InstallAnywhere, FlexNet Publisher, AdminStudio, App Portal, and FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises. The company has approximately 1,000 employees worldwide, among which 250 are located in its Chicago-area headquarters. The company has been named a Top Chicago workplace by the Chicago Tribune in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
The company used to be the Rovi Corporation's software division (at the time Rovi was still named Macrovision). On 1 April 2008, Macrovision sold its software division to the Thoma Cressey Bravo investment fund.
In October 2009, Acresso Software, Inc. became Flexera Software.
On July 19, 2011 Thoma Bravo sold a majority stake in Flexera Software LLC to Teachers' Private Capital, the private investment department of the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan. The transaction was finalized on October 3, 2011.
- "Thoma Bravo Sells Flexera to Canadian Teachers". IT Jungle. July 26, 2011.
- "Company Overview of Flexera Software LLC". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- "Thoma Bravo Sees 4.6x Return On Flexera Sale". Wall Street Journal. July 19, 2011.
- "Flexera Software". Chicago Tribune.
- Thoma Bravo Completes Acquisition of Macrovision's Software Business Unit
- Acresso who? Macrovision spinoff changes name, again
|This United States software corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|