Florence Fabricant is a food critic and food writer. She has authored multiple cookbooks and has regularly contributed to The New York Times since 1980. Fabricant lives in Manhattan, New York and East Hampton, New York.
In 1972, Fabricant began her journalistic career, writing for the "In Season" column for "The East Hampton Star. That same year, she began contributing to The New York Times. She became a regular Times contributor in 1980. She holds a L'Ordre National du Mérite from the French government.
- Wine with Food: Pairing Notes and Recipes from The New York Times
- Park Avenue Potluck
- Park Avenue Potluck Celebrations: Entertaining at Home with New York's Savviest Hostesses
- The New York Restaurant Cookbook
- The Great Potato Book
- Venetian Taste
- Florence Fabricant's Pleasures of the Table
- New Home Cooking
- The New York Times Dessert Cookbook
- The New York Times Seafood Cookbook
- Elizabeth Berry's Great Bean Book (with Elizabeth Berry)
Patricia Fabricant, her daughter, designed five of her books.
- "Florence Fabricant". Guild Hall. Retrieved 2020-04-26.
- "Alumni and Alumnae Weekend: Dean's Day Award Luncheon" (PDF). On The Square. New York University. Spring 2007. p. 9. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 October 2011. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "Food writer offers book of options enjoyed by cooks". The Courier. UPI. 24 November 1986. pp. 2C. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "Florence Fabricant | Authors | Macmillan". US Macmillan. Retrieved 2020-04-26.
- "Cookstr - Florence Fabricant". Cookstr. Retrieved 23 June 2013.