|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (January 2010)|
|Born||Florijan Vladimir Mićković
26 April 1935
Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Education||Academy of Fine Arts, Zagreb|
|Known for||Sculpture, Painting, Drawing|
Life and work
Florijan Mićković was born in Mostar in 1935. He graduated from University of Zagreb Academy of Fine Arts in 1962, in the class of Antun Augustinčić. He has been member of the Croatian Fine Arts Association since 1963, Bosnian-Herzegovinian Fine Arts Association and is one of the founding members of the HAZU BIH. He lives and works as an independent artist in Mostar. Florijan exhibited in most European countries, Africa, the United States and Canada.
Florijan has created works of undeniable continuity and modern tradition, thus becoming a linking part of modern Bosnia and Herzegovina sculpturing. His interests and the public roles he pursued after graduation reflect a wide variety of sculpting trials, showing a considerable skillfulness in the matter and a level of creativity that could serve as a landmark in his past, present and future work environment - in Herzegovina.
Unfortunately, in the 1990s overridden by the war, not only his work was hampered and slowed down, but he also lost his studio, together with the pieces he had been collecting for his major one-man-show. Only fragments of his artistic production can be reconstructed today by means of scarce, often damaged documentation, but Florijan Mićković’s relentless, post-war activity has enabled him to make up for some of the losses. He has been working with a youthful drive, in his mature age and under different conditions, not only to fill in the void in his work, but also to open new opportunities, to experiment.
One man exhibitions
- 1962. MOSTAR, KLUB JAVNIH RADNIKA
- 1970. LIGNANO,SABBIADORO, ITALIJA
- 1971. DUBROVNIK, GALERIJA DOMA SINDIKATA
- 1972. DUBROVNIK, GALERIJA DOMA SINDIKATA
- 1981. MOSTAR, UMJETNIČKA GALERIJA
- 1988. LJUBLJANA, INSTITUT «JOZEF STEFAN»
- 1989. ANACORTES /USA/, GREEN FROG GALLERY
- 1989. VANCOUVER, CROATIAN CULTURAL CENTER
- 1989. CALGARY, CROATIAN CULTURAL CENTER
- 1990. VANCOUVER, ART GALLERY
- 1990. VANCOUVER, «HORISONS 89»
- 1992. CHICAGO, CROATIAN CULTURAL CENTER
- 1992. ZAGREB, GALERIJA «MIROSLAV KRALJEVIĆ»
- 1998. ZAGREB, GALERIJA «FORUM»
- 1999. ŠIROKI BRIJEG, FRANJEVAČKA GALERIJA
- 2000. MOSTAR, UMJETNIČKA GALERIJA
- 2000. ZADAR, GALERIJA «LOŽA»
- 2000. ZAGREB, MUZEJ «MIMARA»
- 2000. ZENICA, GALERIJA «NARODNI MUZEJ»
- 2002. SARAJEVO, GALERIJA «ROMAN PETROVIĆ»
- 2003. MOSTAR, CENTAR ZA KULTURU
- 2006. ROME, IL LAZIO TRA EUROPA E MEDITERRANEO
- 2008. METKOVIC, CITY GALERIJA
- 2008. SPLIT, «GALERIJA» BRESAN
- 2009, TREBINJE, MUSEUM OF HERZEGOVINA
- 2010, BANJA LUKA "Muzej savremene umjetnosti"
- 2011, SARAJEVO,"Collegium artisticum"
- 2011, DUBROVNIK, Samostan sv. Klare
- 2013, MOSTAR, "Galerija Aluminij"
Florijan has taken part in many sculptures colonies; Cazin, Počitelj (BiH), Koprivnica, Slavonski Brod, Medulin (Croatia), Kragujevac (Serbia), Mostar 2004, Mostar (Radobolja) 2005.
- 1989. City of Mostar award
- 2000. First award on sculptures «Anale» in Sarajevo
- 2002. Sculpture award / «Collegium artisticum» in Sarajevo
- 2002. «Grand Prix» drawing exhibition in Mostar
- 2008. «Gold Medallion» award for the ULUBIH for an outstanding contribution to the reconstruction of the international art colony in Počitelj.
- 2010. ULUBIH award in recognition of an active and invaluable work with the Association of Artists of Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as for engagement, development and promotion of cultural values in the Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 2013. City of Mostar - Order for merits in promoting the culture of the city of Mostar.
- 2015. Peace Center for the multi-ethical cooperation in Mostar - recognize and award Florijan with `Mimar`award for his commitment and outstanding contributions and affirmation of peace in the difficult post-war period in Mostar.
- 2005. European Symposium Kaisersteinbruch, setting up the stone relief of Bosnia & Herzegovina to the Wall of Unity.
Monuments and Public Sculptures
- 1978. Imotski (Perića Brijeg), Jure Galić – Veliki Biste Heroja
- 1961. Mostar, Dr. Safet Mujić
- 1961. Mostar, Šefik Obad
- 1961. Mostar, Jusuf Čevro
- 1961. Mostar, Adem Buć
- 1961. Mostar, Ljubo Brešan
- 1961. Robert Bobby Fisher
- 1961. Mostar, Rifat Frenjo
- 1962. Ljubinje, Novica Domazet
- 1980. Mostar, Mladen Balorda i Hasan Zahirović Laca
- 1980. Mostar, Mithat Haćam
- 1985. Mostar, Mustafa Ćemalović – Ćimba
- 1986. Mostar, Karlo Batko
- 1986. Mostar, Salko Pezo
- 1986. Mostar, Zlatka Vuković
- 1965. Lištica, Ljupko Matijević
- 1974. Mostar, Savo Medan
- 1974. Biograd (Nevesinje), Blagoje Parović
- 1986. Posušje, Mostar, Dr. Ante Jamnicki
- 1975. Mostar, Sarajevo, Hamza Humo (Town’s park)
- 1977. Čitluk, Ivan Krndelj
- 1978. Sovići, Džemal Bijedić (Elementary School)
- 1979. Trsteno, Ante Miljas
- 1980. Mostar, Dr. Lovro Dojmi
- 1981. Mostar, Veljko Vlahović (High School)
- 1978. ing. Puba Loose
- 1988. Marko Zovko
- 1990. Mujaga Komadina, first mayor of Mostar
- 2001. Karlo Afan de Rivera, painter
- 2002, Meho Sefić, painter
- "Dnevni List" http://dnevni-list.ba/web1/novi-akademici-covic-zepic-muselimovic-majstorovic-musa/
- Ed. Miro Petrovic: "Florijan Mickovic", 2006, PCC d.o.o. Međugorje Čitluk, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Mostar, City Gallery "Katarina Kosaca: "Florijan Mickovic, Anniversary, Forty-five Years", 2008, Matica Hrvatska, Publisher Josip Muselimovic; Logotip d.o.o. Siroki Brijeg, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- City Museum, Virovitica, Croatia, "Exhibition of Mostar's Artist Circle", 2009, Publisher; Gallery Martino, Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Prvi TV - Zrcalo: Florijan Mićković Documentary, 2014