Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up flotation or floatation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Flotation (also spelled floatation) involves phenomena related to the relative buoyancy of objects.
The term may also refer to:
- Flotation (archaeology), a method for recovering very small artefacts from excavated sediments
- Flotation (shares), an initial public offering of stocks or shares in a company
- Flotation, any material added to the hull of a watercraft to keep the hull afloat
- Flotation, the ability (as of a tire or snowshoes) to stay on the surface of soft ground or snow
- "Floatation", a 1990 electronic music song by The Grid
- Flotation process, in process engineering, a method for the separation of mixtures
- Flotation therapy, a technique which uses isolation
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Flotation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.