|Fate||Acquired by Cisco Systems|
|Umberto Malesci, CEO, Cosimo Malesci, EVP Sales, Alessandro Erta, CTO, Andrea Orioli, VP Operations|
Fluidmesh Networks is a hardware and software manufacturer of wireless point-to-point networks, wireless point-to-multipoint networks, and wireless mesh networks. Fluidmesh products are used in video-surveillance, enterprise, industrial, railway, maritime, and military projects.
Fluidmesh was founded in 2005 by four Italian engineers: Umberto Malesci, Cosimo Malesci, Andrea Orioli, and Torquato Bertani. Fluidmesh was a spin-off company from MIT where Umberto Malesci and Cosimo Malesci were graduate students in the Department of Engineering. In 2005, Umberto Malesci was a graduate student working at the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory with Prof. Samuel Madden (MIT) when he developed Fluidmesh's initial software based on the Roofnet open-source project leveraging Click Modular Router. The Company was initially incubated at the Politecnico di Milano, in Milan, Italy. Over the years, Fluidmesh Networks expanded into the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Latin America, and obtained exposure on the Italian national press and television as a successful example of innovation-driven entrepreneurship in the high tech space. Within ten years, Fluidmesh had sold and installed approximately 24,000 miles of wireless links.
In April 2011, Fluidmesh Networks announced it had been acquired by Generation 3 Capital and Waveland Investments, two private equity firms based in Chicago.
Products and services
- Trackside WiFi and Mobile Connectivity for Trains and Railroads
- Internet of Things (IoT) for Vessels and Maritime Applications
- Wireless Backhaul for fixed wireless networks
- "A Mesh that is good". Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "The American Start-up with the brain in Milan". Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Grow at all costs". Retrieved 2015-08-13.
- "The new Italy that move forward: Fluidmesh". Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Milan Start-up Gub". Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Understanding the Internet of Things with Fluidmesh Networks". Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Fluidmesh Pelco Partnership". Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Fluidmesh Acquisition by Private Equity Firms". Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Fluidmesh and Cisco join forces to help improve WiFi on Trains and Subways". Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire Fluidmesh Networks". Cisco Blogs. 2020-04-06. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- Cooney, Michael (2020-04-06). "Cisco goes after wireless IoT with Fluidmesh acquisition". Network World. Retrieved 2020-04-07.
- "Cisco Completes Acquisition of Fluidmesh Networks". Cisco News Room. 2020-07-06. Retrieved 2020-07-16.
- "Super-Powerful Italian Wi-Fi Wins over US Companies". Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "How Fluidmesh Helped Increase Public Safety of New York Waterway". Retrieved 2018-09-11.