The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (March 2022)
|Industry||Video surveillance, video management systems, and cloud technologies|
625 W. Alluvial AveFresno, CA 93711
Number of locations
|Products||Security cameras, video management systems, hybrid cloud services|
Number of employees
Pelco Incorporated is a U.S.-based security and surveillance technologies company, founded in 1957 and headquartered in Fresno, California. Pelco is a provider of security cameras, recording and management systems, software, and services. Pelco products can be found in outdoor environments, cities, hospitals, airports, seaports, gaming facilities, retail, and office environments, schools, and universities.
Pelco Sales was founded in 1957 in Hawthorne, California by E.L. Heinrich. Heinrich created Pelco Sales as a side project to his already successful mechanical aviation business. Pelco Sales' first product line consisted of pan-tilt devices and joysticks designed to remotely control the position of television cameras. The demand for Pelco Sales' products grew rapidly, resulting in Heinrich's decision to abandon aviation and focus on camera technologies.
The company was moved to Gardena, California, and later to Fresno, California, to provide adequate workspace for product production. In June 1987, Rod Heinrich sold Pelco Sales to local investor David McDonald shortly after approving plans for an 80,000 square foot facility in Clovis, California. McDonald truncated the name to Pelco, in an event commonly referred to as the beginning of the "new" Pelco. The company continued to expand, reaching distribution in more than 130 countries. In 2000 the Small Business Administration awarded the company its Small Business of the Year award.
After the events of 9/11 the company financed the construction of the California 9/11 Memorial at their corporate headquarters. The memorial opened on December 8, 2021 less than three months after the attacks and includes objects recovered from ground zero, educational exhibits, and memorials with the names of the victims. In 2019 the memorial expanded with replicas of the pentagon and world trade centers.
In 2007, French electrical equipment manufacturer Schneider Electric purchased Pelco for US$1.22 billion in an effort to enhance their building automation business. Schneider Electric's ownership of Pelco came to an end when Pelco was acquired by Transom Capital Group, a private equity firm based in Los Angeles, in 2019. In August 2020, Motorola Solutions announced that they had acquired Pelco for US$110 million in cash.
Pelco produces security and surveillance products and is known for its pan tilt zoom (PTZ) technologies, multiple camera tracking of moving objects, and tracking of security breaches. Additionally the company has over 250 patents assigned to the company.
- Industry and Technology
- Government and Military
- Correctional facilities
- City and Traffic
- Airports and Seaports
- "Pelco Appoints Kurt Takahashi CEO". 15 October 2019.
- "Pelco Company Profile". 25 May 2022.
- "Video Security & Access Control - Motorola Solutions - Europe, Middle East and Africa".
- "Pelco Security Cameras and Surveillance Systems". www.pelco.com. Retrieved 2019-06-03.
- Magnus, Gabriel; Dutton, Christopher; Mastromonaco, Gabriela; Gartley, Cathy; MacDonald, Suzanne; Franke, Maria (March 2022). "Luteal phase length, endometrial edema, and behavior differentiate post‐ovulatory events in a giant panda ( Ailuropoda melanoleuca )". Zoo Biology. 41 (2): 130–142. doi:10.1002/zoo.21655. ISSN 0733-3188.
- Bruder, B. L., Hathaway, K. K., Brodie, K. L., & Harrison, S. (2019). Design and deployment of mini-Argus systems for rapid coastal imaging.
- Walby, Kevin; Lippert, Randy K. (September 2012). "The new keys to the city: uploading corporate security and threat discourse into Canadian municipal governments". Crime, Law and Social Change. 58 (4): 437–455. doi:10.1007/s10611-012-9395-9. ISSN 0925-4994.
- Vitek, Stanislav; Klima, Milos; Dostäl, Petr (October 2012). "Cost-effective automatic stereoscopic security video system 3DSec". 2012 IEEE International Carnahan Conference on Security Technology (ICCST): 353–358. doi:10.1109/CCST.2012.6393584.
- Barry, Ann S.; Mazel, David S. (May 2008). "Airport Perimeter Security: Where we've been, Where we are, and Where we're going". 2008 IEEE Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security: 57–62. doi:10.1109/THS.2008.4534423.
- Sangkyu Kang; Abidi, B.; Abidi, M. (2004). "Integration of color and shape for detecting and tracking security breaches in airports". 38th Annual 2004 International Carnahan Conference on Security Technology, 2004. Albuquerque, NM, USA: IEEE: 289–294. doi:10.1109/CCST.2004.1405407. ISBN 978-0-7803-8506-1.
- Barry, Ann S.; Dickie, Kim. P.; Mazel, David. S. (May 2009). "Perimeter security at San Francisco International Airport: Leveraging independent, existing systems to form an integrated solution". 2009 IEEE Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security: 35–42. doi:10.1109/THS.2009.5168012. ISBN 978-1-4244-4178-5 – via IEEE.
- "V5 Systems camera platform integrated with Pelco Sarix IP cameras". www.securityinfowatch.com. 3 October 2017. Retrieved 2022-05-25.
- "Video Surveillance Solutions for Casinos". Pelco. Retrieved 2022-05-25.
- "Pelco HD Video upgrade at Black Oak Casino - asmag.com". www.asmag.com. Retrieved 2022-05-25.
- Erdei, Timotei Istvan; Obinna, Nwachukwu C.; Molnar, Zsolt; Husi, Geza (June 2017). "Surveillance and security system in the building mechatronics research center". 2017 International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE/ITMC). Funchal: IEEE: 509–512. doi:10.1109/ICE.2017.8279928. ISBN 978-1-5386-0774-9.
- Bradford, Lowell (2021-06-21). "Pelco Security Cameras: A Timeline of Success, and What's Next". Surveillance-video.com. Retrieved 2022-05-25.
- Wright, John (2011). Clovis. Clovis Centennial Book Committee. Charleston, South Carolina. pp. 103–106. ISBN 978-0-7385-7613-8. OCLC 738363535.
- News, FOX26 (2019-09-10). "New features unveiled at California 9-11 Memorial in Clovis". KMPH. Retrieved 2022-05-25.
|last=has generic name (help)
- Newvine, Steve. 9 From 99 - Experiences in California's Central Valley. lulu.com. pp. 55–57. ISBN 978-0557836659.
- "Expansion Projects". CA 9/11 Memorial. Retrieved 2022-05-25.
- "Schneider Electric Finalizes Purchase of Pelco - asmag.com". www.asmag.com. Retrieved 2022-04-07.
- "Pelco acquired by Transom Capital Group | Security Systems News". www.securitysystemsnews.com. Retrieved 2019-06-03.
- "Pelco sold to U.S.-based private equity firm". www.securityinfowatch.com. 2019. Retrieved 2022-05-25.
- "Motorola Solutions Acquires Pelco".
- "Motorola Solutions Acquires Pelco For $110 Million". www.securityinformed.com. Retrieved 2022-05-25.
- Tavlian, Alex (2020-08-03). "Pelco sold for second time in two years at $110mil price tag". The San Joaquin Valley Sun. Retrieved 2022-05-25.
- Hurley, Paul. "Female farmworkers get support". VisaliaTimesDelta.com. Retrieved 2022-05-25.
- "Pelco introduces Spectra IV IP camera-dome". www.securityinfowatch.com. 2008. Retrieved 2022-05-25.
- Lasky, Steve (21 April 2017). "Recapturing the entrepreneurial mindset". www.securityinfowatch.com. Retrieved 2022-05-25.
- Lv, Sai Dong; Tang, Guo Hua; Xia, Yao Wen; Xie, Ji Li (August 2013). "The Design and Implementaion [sic] of PTZ Control in Intelligent Video Surveillance". Applied Mechanics and Materials. 347–350: 1961–1964. doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.347-350.1961. ISSN 1662-7482.
- Sankaranarayanan, Karthik; Davis, James W. (2011), Kimmel, Ron; Klette, Reinhard; Sugimoto, Akihiro (eds.), "PTZ Camera Modeling and Panoramic View Generation via Focal Plane Mapping", Computer Vision – ACCV 2010, Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, vol. 6493, pp. 580–593, doi:10.1007/978-3-642-19309-5_45, ISBN 978-3-642-19308-8, retrieved 2022-05-25
- Jain, Shubham; Nguyen, Viet; Gruteser, Marco; Bahl, Paramvir (2017-04-18). "Panoptes: servicing multiple applications simultaneously using steerable cameras". Proceedings of the 16th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks. Pittsburgh Pennsylvania: ACM: 119–130. doi:10.1145/3055031.3055085. ISBN 978-1-4503-4890-4.
- "Pelco Security Cameras & CCTV Systems by Schneider Electric". Pelco.com. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Patents Assigned to Pelco, Inc. - Justia Patents Search". patents.justia.com. Retrieved 2022-05-25.