From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fort Scott may refer to any of five places for which General Winfield Scott, former General-in-Chief of the U.S. Army, was namesake:
- Fort Scott, Kansas, a city that grew up around a military fort of the same name
- Fort Scott (Flint River, Georgia), a small fortification on the Flint River near the Georgia/Florida border, built in 1816 as a staging base for operations against Creek and Seminole Indians operating in western Spanish Florida.
- Fort Scott (Arlington, Virginia), a small fortification in Arlington, Virginia, built to defend Washington during the American Civil War
- Fort Winfield Scott, a coast artillery post created within the Presidio of San Francisco in 1912
- Fort Point, San Francisco, renamed Fort Winfield Scott in 1882 but reverted to the original name before the establishment of the coast artillery post
|This disambiguation page lists articles about distinct geographical locations with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.