Fortunatus (New Testament person)
(Redirected from Fortunatus the Apostle)Jump to navigation Jump to search
According to some church traditions was one of the Seventy Disciples, now commemorated by the Eastern Orthodox Church on June 15 with Achaicus and Stephen and on January 4 with all of the Seventy.
- Holy apostle Fortunatus of the Seventy;
- Entreat the merciful;
- To grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
Kontakion (Tone 4 )
- The Church ever sees you as a shining star, O apostle Fortunatus,
- Your miracles have manifested great enlightenment.
- Therefore we cry out to Christ:
- "Save those who with faith honor Your apostle, O Most Merciful One."
- This article is derived in whole or in part from Fortunatus (New Testament person) at OrthodoxWiki, which is dually licensed under CC-By-SA and GFDL. All relevant terms must be followed.
- Apostle Fortunatus of the Seventy - OCA website
|This article about a saint is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|