Fortunatus the Apostle
Fortunatus was one of the Seventy Disciples, commemorated by the Church on June 15 with Achaicus and Stephen and on January 4 with all of the Seventy. St Fortunatus is mentioned by St Paul in I Corinthians 16:17: I was glad when Stephanas, Fortunatus, and Achaicus arrived, because they have supplied what was lacking from you.
- Holy apostle Fortunatus of the Seventy;
- Entreat the merciful;
- To grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
Kontakion (Tone 4 )
- The Church ever sees you as a shining star, O apostle Fortunatus,
- Your miracles have manifested great enlightenment.
- Therefore we cry out to Christ:
- "Save those who with faith honor Your apostle, O Most Merciful One."
- This article is derived in whole or in part from Fortunatus the Apostle at OrthodoxWiki, which is dually licensed under CC-By-SA and GFDL. All relevant terms must be followed.
- Apostle Fortunatus of the Seventy - OCA website
|This article about a saint is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|