Fox (TV series)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Written by||Trevor Preston|
|Directed by||Jim Goddard|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Euston Films
|Original release||10 March – 2 June 1980|
The thirteen-part series recounted the lives of the titular Fox family, who lived in Clapham in South London and had gangland connections. It was notable in that it was an early work that featured the criminal as the protagonist.
The Fox family
- Billy – Peter Vaughan
- Connie – Elizabeth Spriggs
- Kenny – Ray Winstone
- Joey – Larry Lamb
- Vin – Bernard Hill
- Ray – Derrick O'Connor
- Phil – Eamon Boland
- Renie – Rosemary Martin
- Andy – Richard Weinbaum
- Nan – Cindy O'Callaghan
- Jenny – Gail Shaw
- Frank – Sidney Livingstone
List of episodes
- "King Billy"
- "Arched Fingers for Bach, Flat Fingers for Love"
- "Pugilism Not Vandalism"
- "It's All Them Psychia-Whatever-You-Call-It Books He Reads"
- "Stick or Twist"
- "The Perfect Scapegoat Syndrome"
- "'If It's Good Enough for New Orleans, It's Good Enough for Clapham"
- "Fox Big 'F' – Family"
- "Just an Iron Monkey"
- "Just Another Villain in a Cheap Suit"
- "Oh Dear – Oh Dear – Oh Dear!"
- "The Family ... and the Future"
- Cooke, Lez (2015). British Television Drama: A History. Palgrave Macmillan. p. 160. ISBN 9781844578962.
- Lamb, Larry (2011). Mummy's Boy: My Autobiography. Hachette UK. ISBN 9781444715286.
- Goodall, Nigel (2011). Ray Winstone: The Biography. The Story of the Ultimate Screen Hard Man. John Blake Publishing. ISBN 9781843582328.
- Blackhall, Sue (2010). Billy Nighy - The Unauthorised Biography. John Blake Publishing. ISBN 9781784185176.
|This article relating to a television programme from the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|