|Foxup shown within North Yorkshire|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
Foxup is a hamlet in the Yorkshire Dales in the Craven district of North Yorkshire, England. The hamlet is near Halton Gill and Litton and is 13 miles (21 km) north west of Grassington. The village used to be in the Civil Parish of Halton Gill, but in the Craven District Council Reorganisation of 2011, Halton Gill and Litton were amalgamated.
The village marks the end of the main road through Littondale. There are a number of Public Footpaths and Bridleways in and around the village. The area is a mixture of sheep and beef farming. Dairy farming is harder than in comparison to other locations further down the valley because of the limitations on grass types and transportation of dairy produce out of the area.
The name Foxup means upstream with the foxes.
- "98" (Map). Wensleydale & Upper Wharfedale. 1:50,000. Landranger. Ordnance Survey. 2016. ISBN 9780319261965.
- "The Craven District Council (Reorganisation of Community Governance) Order 2011" (PDF). Craven District Council. 23 December 2011. p. 2. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- "Litton (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- Bagshaw, Mike (2014). "17: Littondale". Yorkshire Dales (Slow Travel). Chalfont St Peter: Bradt. p. 82. ISBN 978-1-84162-549-2.
- Historic England. "Foxup Bridge in front of Foxup Bridge Farm (1132181)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- "Walk 1278 - Cosh & Foxup from Halton Gill". Walking Britain. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- Tunningley, Claire (20 March 2014). "Upper Wharfe Sub-Catchment Evidence Pack for the Water Framework Directive" (PDF). Yorkshire Dales Rivers Trust. YDRT. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- Benn, Victoria (15 March 2014). "Littondale farmer follows the family tradition". Craven Herald & Pioneer. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- "Foxup and Cosh". Littondale. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Foxup.|
|This Craven location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|