François Lapointe (politician)
|Shadow Minister for Small Business and Tourism|
April 19, 2012 – August 12, 2013
|Preceded by||Raymond Côté|
|Succeeded by||Glenn Thibeault|
|Member of Parliament for Montmagny—L'Islet—Kamouraska—Rivière-du-Loup|
|Preceded by||Bernard Généreux|
|Succeeded by||Bernard Généreux|
March 26, 1971 |
|Political party||New Democratic Party|
On the night of the 2011 election, Lapointe was initially declared unsuccessful in his riding, losing narrowly to incumbent MP Bernard Généreux. However, Lapointe was subsequently declared elected on May 5, 2011, after the riding's returning officer determined that 100 votes for Lapointe were reportedly allocated in error to the Green Party candidate in the initial tally.
Lapointe ran in a by-election in Montmagny—L'Islet—Kamouraska—Rivière-du-Loup in 2009, but finished a distant fourth.
|Canadian federal election, 2015: Montmagny—L'Islet—Kamouraska—Rivière-du-Loup|
|New Democratic||François Lapointe||11,918||24.2%||–||–|
|Bloc Québécois||Louis Gagnon||7,939||16.1%||–||–|
|Rhinoceros||Bien Gras Gagné||287||0.6%||–||–|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||49,243||100.0||$212,731.62|
|Total rejected ballots||777||–||–|
|These results were subject to a judicial recount, and modified from the validated results in accordance with the Judge's rulings. The margin of Bernard Généreux over Marie-Josée Normand increased from 269 votes to 272 votes as a result of the recount.|
|Source: Elections Canada|
|Canadian federal election, 2011|
|New Democratic||François Lapointe||17,285||36.4||-|
|Bloc Québécois||Nathalie Arsenault||9,550||20.1||-|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||47,545||100.00%|
|By-election on November 9, 2009
resignation of Paul Crête
|Bloc Québécois||Nancy Gagnon||10,737||37.7%|
|New Democratic||François Lapointe||1,363||4.8%|
|Total valid votes||28,502|
|Total rejected ballots||–|
- "Recounts could cost Tories two seats in Quebec, Ontario". Vancouver Province, May 5, 2011.
- "NDP wins another Quebec seat - by 5 votes". The Gazette, May 5, 2011.
- "Le Bas-Saint-Laurent aura un deuxième député néo-démocrate." Radio-Canada, May 13, 2011.
- "Judge orders recount for Montmagny-L'Islet-Kamouraska-Rivière-du-Loup riding". CBC News. October 27, 2015.
- Emily Chan (2 November 2015). "Recount confirms Conservative Bernard Genereux won Quebec riding". CTV News. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- Elections Canada – October 19, 2015 Election Results, Montmagny—L'Islet—Kamouraska—Rivière-du-Loup. After judicial recount.
- Elections Canada – Preliminary Election Expenses Limits for Candidates Archived August 15, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
|This article about a Quebec Member of Parliament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|