|Occupation||Journalist, author, academic|
Fran Molloy is an Australian journalist and author, journalism academic and founder of the Freeline forum for independent journalists in Australia. She is also a freelance member of the Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance. Her work has appeared in such newspapers as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Sun-Herald as well as a range of magazines including Fast Thinking, The Walkley Magazine published by the Walkley Awards, G Magazine (Australia), Practical Parenting published by Pacific Magazines and others.
She also writes for major online publications including the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. She is also a food reviewer for regular Sydney restaurant guides such as Eating out with Kids,[not in citation given] the Good Pub Guide and Cheap Eats Sydney.
As well as hundreds of articles, Molloy has written the books Careers in Journalism (2004) (with Helena Janson) and Extreme: jobs your mother doesn't want you to know about (2006). A former magazine editor and radio producer, Molloy was previously manager of the Australian Centre of Independent Journalism and also taught at the University of Technology. She regularly comments publicly on issues related to freelance journalism  and is an adjunct journalism teacher at the University of Technology Sydney, New South Wales Writers' Centre and Southern Cross University Lismore and New York University's Sydney campus.
- Careers in Journalism, John Wiley and Sons, Sydney, 2004, ISBN 0-7314-0112-3
- Extreme : jobs your mother doesn't want you to know about , CareerFAQ, Ultimo, 2006, ISBN 978-1-921106-28-6
- "Freeline Forum for Independent Journalists". Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "MEAA Directory".
- "About Us: Freelance contributor - Franc Molloy". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "Eating out with Kids". Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "Practical Parenting Blog". Archived from the original on 30 December 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "Fadgetry". Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- Friends in need, 26 June 2007, archived from the original on 27 April 2012
- "Radio to Print". Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "Radio National, The Perils and Pluses of Freelance Journalism". Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- Jackson, Sally (2010-10-18). "Freelancers fight Pacific Magazines over copyright grab". The Australian. News Corp Australia.
- "Keynote: Jonathan Tasini". Retrieved 2011-12-01.
- "NYU Sydney Campus Faculty list". Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "PP Bloggers". 31 May 2010. Archived from the original on 30 December 2010.
|This Australian journalist biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|