|The Hon. Mrs Justice Patterson|
|High Court Judge|
29 November 1954|
County Durham, England
|Died||20 December 2016(aged 62)|
|Spouse(s)||Graham Nicholson (m. 1980)|
|Alma mater||University of Leicester|
Patterson was called to the bar at Middle Temple in 1977. Following a period as a Law Commissioner she was appointed to be a judge of the High Court of Justice (Queen's Bench Division) on 1 October 2013. Patterson was appointed a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire on 18 February 2014. She died after a short illness on 20 December 2016. Patterson was survived by her husband, Dr Graham Nicholson, and their three sons, Oliver, Leo and Simon.
- "Senior judiciary". Courts and Tribunals Judiciary. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Index entry". FreeBMD. ONS. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- ‘PATTERSON, Hon. Dame Frances Silvia’, Who's Who 2014, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2014
- "No. 60644". The London Gazette. 1 October 2013. p. 19289.
- "No. 60791". The London Gazette. 25 February 2014. p. 3889.
- Hume, Lucy, ed. (5 November 2016). Debrett's People of Today 2017. London: Debrett's. ISBN 978-0992934873.
- "Death in service: Dame Frances Patterson". Courts and Tribunals Judiciary. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
|This United Kingdom law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|