Francesca J. Fusco (born August 17, 1958) is an American dermatologist based in New York City who specializes in dermatologic surgery, and hair and scalp care. Fusco is part of a growing trend, according to the New York Observer, of female dermatologists who also "serve as 'faces' of the treatments they peddle."
Early life and education
She graduated with a medical degree from New York Medical College in 1985, completed an internship in pediatrics at the St. Vincent's Medical Center in New York City. She was trained in dermatology at Westchester Medical Center. She is also professor at New York Medical School. She followed by a three-year residency in dermatology in which she served as chief resident. She has been a dermatologist in New York since 1989.
Fusco has worked as a resident dermatologist at Wexler Dermatology in New York City. She is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, a member of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
She has appeared in several programs of media experts, including CNN, Eyewitness News, CBS News, Fox News and The Today Show. She has criticised various products to treat cellulite, saying "everyone wants an easy answer for it…but there is no magic cream."
Fusco advocates adding a spoonful of sugar to shampoo, claiming the mix will "gently exfoliate and completely dissolve, without leaving behind any grit or particles". She recommends periodic detoxification of the scalp.
- "Francesca Fusco: SCALP CARE EXPERT". Sunsilk.
- "The Babes Who Give You Botox". The New York Observer. February 26, 2008. Archived from the original on December 1, 2017. Retrieved November 27, 2017 – via HighBeam Research.
- "Sunsilk's Hair-raising Expertise!". The Sunday Observer. February 28, 2010. Archived from the original on December 1, 2017. Retrieved November 27, 2017 – via HighBeam Research.
- "Kate Moss's Secret Facial Remedy Is Already in Your Freezer". Vogue. June 9, 2017. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- Clear Haircare EXPERT SPOTLIGHT: MEET DR. FUSCO
- Zernike, Kate (October 23, 2005). "The Unveiling". The New York Times. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- "How to protect your skin this summer". CBS News. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- "Do Cellulite Products Work? A Celeb Dermatologist Weighs In". E! Online. August 2, 2017. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- "Why You Need to Have a Spoonful of Sugar Handy the Next Time You Wash Your Hair". Reader's Digest. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- "A Scalp Detox Is the Overlooked Secret to a Good Hair Day". Vogue. July 22, 2017. Retrieved November 27, 2017.