||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2013)|
Francesco Mondada (born 17 March 1967) is a Swiss professor in artificial intelligence and robotics. He is one of the creators of the Khepera, the S-bot and the e-puck mobile robots. He got a Master's degree in Microengineering at the EPFL in 1991 and a Ph.D. degree in 1997.
He was the director of K-team SA from its creation 1995 to 2000, and one of the founders of Calerga Sarl in 2001. He has received several industrial and academic prizes, including the University Latsis and the Credit Suisse Award for Best Teaching.
His recent work concerns collective robotics and education.
- J. Halloy, G. Sempo, G. Caprari, C. Rivault, M. Asadpour, F. Tache, I. Said, V. Durier, S. Canonge, J. Ame, C. Detrain, N. Correll, A. Martinoli, F. Mondada, R. Siegwart, and J.-L. Deneubourg. Social Integration of Robots into Groups of Cockroaches to Control Self-Organized Choices. Science, 318(5853):1155-1158, 2007. 
- F. Mondada, G. C. Pettinaro, A. Guignard, I. Kwee, D. Floreano, J.-L. Deneubourg, S. Nolfi, L. Gambardella, and M. Dorigo. SWARM-BOT: a New Distributed Robotic Concept. Autonomous Robots, special Issue on Swarm Robotics, 17(2-3):193-221, 2004. September - November 2004 Sponsor: swarm-bots, OFES 01-0012-1. 
- D. Floreano and F. Mondada. Evolution of Homing Navigation in a Real Mobile Robot. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics Part B : Cybernetics, 26(3):396-407, 1996. 
- F. Mondada, E. Franzi, P. Ienne, T. Yoshikawa, and F. Miyazaki. Mobile Robot Miniaturization: A Tool for Investigation in Control Algorithms. In Experimental Robotics III, volume 200 of Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, pages 501-13. Springer, London, 1994.
- Professional homepage with a list of publications (Google scholar)
- Mobots group homepage of the research group of F. Mondada
- Personal homepage
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|