Gen. Francis Adu Amanfoh is a Ghanaian army personnel and diplomat. He has the rank of major general in the Ghana Army. He was appointed by John Agyekum Kufour as Ghana's ambassador to Liberia from February 2006 until March 2009.
Education and working life
Francis Adu Amanfoh had his secondary school education at Prempeh College where he obtained his GCE Advanced level certificate. In May 2005 he was appointed Head of Defence Intelligence in the Ghana Armed Forces. and was posted as Ambassador to Liberia on 27 January 2006. In 2008 he sued the Ghana Palaver, seeking two billion cedis for defamation after the paper had printed four stories which attempted to create the impression that he was a liar. His term of office as Ambassador to Liberia ended in March 2009.
In July 2017, President Nana Akuffo-Addo named Francis Amanfoh as Ghana's ambassador to Mali. He was among twenty two other distinguished Ghanaians who were named to head various diplomatic Ghanaian mission in the world.
- Selected Amanfoo of Note
- CHANGES IN THE ARMED FORCES, 20 May 2005
- ... AND CALLED ON GHANA'S AMBASSADOR TO LIBERIA, modernghana.com, 22 November 2007
- Ambassadorial Postings -More 'Apo', Ghanaian Chronicle, 16 January 2006
- Court dismisses Ghana Palaver's application, Ghana Web, 21 January 2008
- Ambassador Adu-Amanfoh, D-SRSG Ryan honored, Liberia Webs, 16 March 2009
- Online, MyJOY. "Here's a full list of Akufo-Addo's 22 newly appointed Ambassadors". myjoyonline.com. myjoyonline. Retrieved 15 July 2017.
|This Ghanaian diplomat-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to an African military person is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|