Franco Micalizzi (born 21 December 1939 in Rome) is an Italian composer and conductor, best known for his scores in Poliziotteschi films.
His first success was for the musical score of the spaghetti western They Call Me Trinity, in 1970. He had previously collaborated on composing with Roberto Pregadio the famous whistled western score for the 1969 film The Forgotten Pistolero (original: Il Pistolero dell'Ave Maria). His main theme for the 1976 poliziottesco film A Special Cop in Action was used in the soundtrack of Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof.
His other scores include The Last Snows of Spring, Beyond the Door and The Last Hunter. He often worked with Umberto Lenzi, scoring his movies Syndicate Sadists, Rome Armed to the Teeth, Violent Naples, The Cynic, the Rat and the Fist, Brothers Till We Die,The Greatest Battle, From Corleone to Brooklyn, Black Demons and Mean Tricks.
In 1984 he founded the group "The Micalizzi Family" with his sons Cristiano and Alessandro.
- They Call Me Trinity (1970)
- Panhandle 38 (1972)
- The Two Faces of Fear (1972)
- Storia de fratelli e de cortelli (1973)
- The Last Snows of Spring (1973)
- Il figlio della sepolta viva (1974)
- Alla mia cara mamma nel giorno del suo compleanno (1974)
- Ante Up (1974)
- Beyond the Door (1974)
- Super Stooges vs. the Wonder Women (1974)
- White Horses of Summer (1975)
- Syndicate Sadists (1975)
- Private Lessons (1975)
- Laure (1976)
- Rome Armed to the Teeth (1976)
- Violent Naples (1976)
- A Special Cop in Action (1976)
- Giovannino (1976)
- Merciless Man (1976)
- The Cynic, the Rat and the Fist (1977)
- The Greatest Battle (1978)
- Brothers Till We Die (1978)
- Scusi lei è normale? (1979)
- The Visitor (1979)
- From Corleone to Brooklyn (1979)
- The Last Hunter (1980)
- Delitto a Porta Romana (1980)
- Il ficcanaso (1981)
- Delitto sull'autostrada (1982)
- Odd Squad (1982)
- Go for It (1983)
- Double Trouble (1984)
- The Curse (1987)
- Black Demons (1991)
- Mean Tricks (1992)
- Howard Hughes. Once upon a time in the Italian West. I.B. Tauris, 2004. pp. 237–238. ISBN 1-85043-430-1.
- Emanuele P. (7 April 2008). "Focus on: Death Proof - A prova di morte". Retrieved 3 December 2011.
- "Musicisti - Franco Micalizzi". BudTerence.tk. Retrieved 3 December 2011.
- "Curb your enthusiasm : music from the TV series. Track 15 "The Puzzle" by Franco Micalizzi".
- Franco Micalizzi at the Internet Movie Database
- Franco Micalizzi at Discogs
- The Micalizzi family at Discogs
|This Italian biographical article related to music is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|