This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may contain improper references to self-published sources. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Experimental rock, comedy rock, heavy metal, progressive metal, hard rock|
This article may be written from a fan's point of view, rather than a neutral point of view. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Freak Kitchen is an experimental rock band from Gothenburg, Sweden, formed in 1992. The musically technical nature of their compositions means they may be[weasel words] appropriately labeled as progressive metal or progressive rock.
Freak Kitchen's style of music is influenced by many genres besides the traditional heavy metal, ranging from jazz to pop. The band described their third album as "A corny little heavy-pop-rock-Latin-world-jazz-avant-garde-metal-blues-record straight from hell!". The album "Land of the Freaks", which was released in late October 2009, features a lot of Indian inspiration and the band is also joined by the two Indian musicians V. Selvaganesh and Neyveli S Radhakrishna on several tracks.
Frontman Mattias Eklundh has a reputation as a guitar virtuoso, and live shows often contain parts where Eklundh plays the guitar using several foreign objects such as a vibrating dildo. Eklundh has also released four solo albums, Sensually Primitive (1996) (under the pseudonym Mr Libido), Freak Guitar (1999), Freak Guitar - The Road Less Traveled (2004) and Freak Guitar: The Smorgasbord (2013).
Their album, Cooking with Pagans, was released in 2014, with the first single, "Professional Help" released in November.
- Mattias "IA" Eklundh – vocals, guitar (1992–present)
- Christer Örtefors – bass guitar, vocals (2000–present)
- Björn Fryklund – drums (2000–present)
- Christian Grönlund – bass guitar, vocals (1992–2000)
- Joakim Sjöberg – drums (1992–2000)
- Appetizer (Thunderstruck Productions, 1994)
- Spanking Hour (Thunderstruck Productions, 1996)
- Freak Kitchen (Thunderstruck Productions, 1998)
- Dead Soul Men (Thunderstruck Productions, 2000)
- Move (Thunderstruck Productions, 2002)
- Organic (Thunderstruck Productions, 2005)
- Land of the Freaks (Thunderstruck Productions, 2009)
- Cooking with Pagans (Thunderstruck Productions, 2014)
- The Wrong Contort Law (Thunderstruck Productions/Walt Disney Records, 2017)
- Junk Tooth (1997)
- "Freak Kitchen's Official webpage on the album Freak Kitchen". Archived from the original on September 2, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- "Freak Kitchen's Official webpage". Archived from the original on September 7, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- "Fuel Great Indian Rock webpage". Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- "Mattias IA Eklundh Interview August 2013".