Previous to the Olympics, Ashford had been a finalist in the 880 yards, representing the Finchley Harriers at the 1908 AAA Championships. He later studied piano and organ at the Royal Academy of Music, developing into a tenor. He used his singing skills to form a Concert Party which played the season at Scarborough every year from 1929-39.
- England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index: Frederick Murray Ashford; Oct-Nov-Dec quarter 1886; District: Islington; Volume: 1b; Page: 411
- http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/as/murray-ashford-1.html Sports Reference
- http://ziegler-booth.blogspot.com/2009/03/paddy-prior.html Paddy Prior
- Cook, Theodore Andrea (1908). The Fourth Olympiad, Being the Official Report. London: British Olympic Association.
- De Wael, Herman (2001). "Athletics 1908". Herman's Full Olympians. Retrieved 27 July 2006.
- Wudarski, Pawel (1999). "Wyniki Igrzysk Olimpijskich" (in Polish). Retrieved 27 July 2006.
|This biographical article relating to English athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|