Life and ministry
He began his ordained ministry as a curate at the Church of the Ascension, Hamilton, Ontario. After this he was a professor at the College of Emmanuel and St. Chad, Saskatoon and then Rector of St Stephen's Calgary . He was Sub-Dean of Christ Church Cathedral, Vancouver from 1932 to 1936. Further incumbencies at St James's Montreal and St Paul’s Toronto followed before he became a coadjutor bishop of the Diocese of Toronto in 1953 and its diocesan bishop in 1955. He served until 1966 and died in 1980.
- 2nd John Stachan Lecture, 1964. Openlibrary.org. Retrieved on September 14, 2011.
- Canada veterans. Canadaveteranshallofvalour.com (September 27, 1918). Retrieved on September 14, 2011.
- Canadian Historical Review University of Toronto Press ISSN 0008-3755 Issue Volume 67, Number 4 / 1986 pp62-63
- CCC History. .telus.net. Retrieved on September 14, 2011.
- Diocese of New Westminster. .telus.net. Retrieved on September 14, 2011.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1975-76 London: Oxford University Press, 1976 ISBN 0-19-200008-X
- Empire Club of Canada. Speeches.empireclub.org (October 9, 1958). Retrieved on September 14, 2011.
Alton Ray Beverley
|Bishop of Toronto
1955 – 1966
George Boyd Snell
|This article about an individual bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|