French frigate Vendémiaire
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Frigate Vendémiaire in 2013
|Namesake:||Month of Vendémiaire|
|Builder:||Chantiers de l'Atlantique|
|Laid down:||17 January 1992|
|Launched:||23 August 1992|
|Commissioned:||21 October 1993|
|Class and type:||Floréal-class frigate|
|Displacement:||2600 tonnes (2950 tonnes full load)|
|Length:||93.5 m (307 ft)|
|Beam:||14 metres (46 ft)|
|Draught:||4.4 m (14 ft)|
|Speed:||20 knots (37 km/h; 23 mph)|
|Range:||10,000 nautical miles (19,000 km; 12,000 mi) at 15 knots (28 km/h; 17 mph), 13,000 nautical miles (24,000 km; 15,000 mi) at 12 knots (22 km/h; 14 mph)|
|Boats & landing |
|Sensors and |
|Electronic warfare |
|Aircraft carried:||1 Alouette III helicopter|
Vendémiaire is a light patrol frigate ("frégate de surveillance") of the French Marine Nationale. She is the fifth ship of the Floréal class, and is named after Vendémiaire, the first month of the Republican Calendar.
The ship went on a tour of Communist Chinese ports in 2011, stopping at Canton, Chiang Tao, Hong Kong and Shanghai. It was opened to the public 17 April 2011 in Hong Kong.
In October 2013 participated in the International Fleet Review 2013 in Sydney.
In August 2016 it visited Auckland on a goodwill mission and again in January 2017.
On 6 April 2019, Vendémiaire sailed through the Taiwan Strait, shadowed by Chinese naval forces. On Thursday, China issued a diplomatic protest at Vendémiaire allegedly violating Chinese territorial waters; France holds that the Taiwan Strait is international waters and claims a right to Freedom of navigation. Vendémiaire was subsequently absent at the celebration of the 70th anniversary of the People's Liberation Army Navy at Qingdao, which she had been scheduled to attend.
Frigate Vendémiaire (F734) alongside at Nouméa
- Stevens, David (2007). Strength Through Diversity: The combined naval role in Operation Stabilise (PDF). Working Papers. 20. Canberra: Sea Power Centre – Australia. p. 14. ISBN 978-0-642-29676-4. ISSN 1834-7231. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 September 2012. Retrieved 6 September 2010.
- Ming Pao (Hong Kong), 17 April 2011
- Joshua Kuku (14 March 2015). "Aid effort stepped up after monster Vanuatu cyclone". Suva, Fiji: ReliefWeb. Agence France-Presse. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- Exclusive: In rare move, French warship passes through Taiwan Strait, Reuters
- Le Vendémiaire au coeur d'un incident diplomatique franco-chinois, la1ere.francetvinfo.fr
- Tensions entre la France et la Chine après le passage de la frégate « Vendémiaire » dans le détroit de Taïwan, Le Monde
- Incident naval entre la France et la Chine dans le détroit de Taïwan, RTL
- Détroit de Taïwan : incident naval entre la France et la Chine, La Croix
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vendemiaire (F734).|
|This article about a specific military ship or boat of France is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|