- the river sharks, Glyphis, true freshwater sharks found in fresh and brackish water in Asia and Australia
- the bull shark, Carcharhinus leucas, which can swim between salt and fresh water, and are found in tropical rivers around the world.
The Great Lakes, mostly in Lake Michigan and Lake Erie, which small sharks are mostly found
A number of freshwater cyprinids (which are bony fish and thus quite unrelated to sharks) are also commonly called "freshwater sharks", "sharkminnows" or simply "sharks", particularly in the aquarium fish trade:
- Balantiocheilos melanopterus – Bala shark, tricolor shark, silver shark
- Epalzeorhynchos – typical freshwater "sharks"
- Labeo – labeos
- Puntius denisonii – Roseline shark
- the Mully Catfish
| This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.