Frid is a Scandinavian (Norse) surname, derived from the name of the god Frey (Freyr) - same derivation as the day of the week (Tuesday -Tws Norse god of the sea, Wednesday -Wodin/Odin father of the gods, Thursday - Thor's day and Fri day - Freyr) (Names of the days of the week).
Frid is often translated from modern Swedish as meaning peace.
Frid features in the sagas as the name of a Valkyrie and the modern (English) spelling may derive from the old Norse rendering of Frið.
It may refer to:
- Amelia Frid, an Australian actress
- Géza Frid, a Hungarian/Dutch composer and pianist
- Grigory Frid, a Russian composer
- Jonathan Frid, a Canadian actor
- Tage Frid, a Danish born American woodworker
- Valeri Frid, a Soviet scriptwriter