|Distinguishing features||Friesian crossbreds, of any color, type, or size|
|Country of origin||USA|
|Friesian Sport Horse Registry||[ Breed standards]|
|Friesian Blood Horse Registry||[ Breed standards]|
|Equus ferus caballus|
The breeding of Friesian Crosses has become increasingly popular in the United States, with various registries often being created to recognize certain specific crosses. Friesian crosses may be considered sport horses (suitable for the sports of dressage, combined driving, eventing, and jumping), or they may be considered pleasure horses.
Some popular crosses include Friesians crossed with draft horses (primarily Percherons), Morgans (Friesian/Morgan is known as a "Moriesian"), Arabians, Andalusians (Friesian/Andalusian is known as a Warlander), Paints, Appaloosa, Saddlebreds (Friesian/Saddlebred is known as a "Georgian Grande"), Thoroughbreds, and Tennessee Walkers (Friesian/Tennessee Walker is known as a "Friewalker".) Other crosses include Warmbloods and other sport horse types.
Friesian Crosses can be any color, type, or size. They tend to maintain some of the characteristics of the Friesian (such as the temperament, long manes, and feathering), and often inherit some of the flashier movement of the Friesian. They are popular for a variety of uses, including dressage, eventing, and driving, as well as family and pleasure horses.
- Friesian Horse Society North American Friesian and Part-bred Registry with International UELN for the Friesian horse in North America
- Friesian Heritage Horse and Sporthorse International Friesian Heritage Horse and Sporthorse International
- Friesian Sport Horse Registry Friesian Sport Horse Registry
- Friesian Blood Horse Registry Friesian Blood Horse Registry
- American Friesian Association American Friesian Association
- International Georgian Grande Horse Registry International Georgian Grande Horse Registry
- Moriesian Horse Registry Moriesian Horse Registry
- International Warlander Society & Registry International Warlander Society & Registry
- Friewalker Registry Friewalker Registry