Fromer (Hebrew: פרומר), also transliterated Frumer, is a surname of Jewish origin, derived from the Yiddish word frum, meaning "devout" or "pious" in the sense of "committed to the observance of Jewish religious law" beyond the minimum requirements. It is most prevalent in the United States and in Israel.
Notable people with this surname include:
- Aryeh Tzvi Fromer, also spelled Aryeh Tzvi Frumer (1884–1943), Polish rabbi
- Liza Fromer (born 1970), Canadian TV host
- Marcelo Fromer (1961–2001), Brazilian guitarist
- Rebecca Fromer (1927–2012), American playwright
- Seymour Fromer (1922–2009) American museum founder
- "Fromer Name Meaning & Fromer Family History at Ancestry.co.uk". www.ancestry.co.uk. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
- Rubin, Aaron D.; Kahn, Lily (30 October 2015). "Handbook of Jewish Languages". BRILL. Retrieved 11 March 2018 – via Google Books.
- "Fromer - Names Encyclopedia". www.namespedia.com. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
- "Frumer Surname Meaning, Origins & Distribution". forebears.io. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
- "Frumer last name - Frumer family - MyHeritage". lastnames.myheritage.com. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
- "Frumer - Names Encyclopedia". www.namespedia.com. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
|surname Fromer. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|