Fuji FA-200 Aero Subaru
|FA-200 Aero Subaru|
|Role||Civil light aircraft|
|First flight||12 August 1965|
|Produced||1968 - 1986|
Design and development
Fuji Heavy Industries began development of a four-seat light aeroplane, the Fuji FA-200 Aero Subaru in 1964, the first prototype flying on 12 August 1965. It is a low-wing all-metal aircraft, fitted with a fixed nosewheel undercarriage and a sliding canopy. It was first certified in Japan on 6 July 1966, with certification in the United States occurring on 26 September 1967.
Production started in March 1968, continuing until 1986, with a total of 275 built.
- Prototype with a 160 hp Lycoming O-320 engine
- Initial version, powered by 160 hp Lycoming O-320 engine and fixed-pitch propeller.
- More powerful development - 180 hp Lycoming IO-360 engine and constant speed propeller.
- Powered by 180 hp Lycoming IO-320 engine and fitted with fixed-pitch propeller.
- Experimental short takeoff and landing (STOL) version, developed by Japan's National Aerospace Laboratory fitted with Boundary layer control system.
- Proposed three-seat variant, not built.
- Proposed two-seat aerobatic variant, not built.
- Proposed STOL variant.
- Proposed crop spraying variant, not built.
Specifications (FA-200-180 [Normal])
- Crew: 1/2
- Capacity: 2/3 pax
- Length: 8.17 m (26 ft 10 in)
- Wingspan: 9.42 m (30 ft 11 in)
- Height: 2.59 m (8 ft 6 in)
- Wing area: 14 m2 (150 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 6.34
- Empty weight: 650 kg (1,433 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 1,150 kg (2,535 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 204.5 l (54.0 US gal; 45.0 imp gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Lycoming IO-360B1B four cylinder air-cooled horizontally-opposed piston engine, 130 kW (180 hp)
- Propellers: 2-bladed McCauley B2D34C53/74E-0, 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in) diameter constant-speed metal propeller
- Maximum speed: 233 km/h (145 mph; 126 kn)
- Cruise speed: 167 km/h (104 mph; 90 kn) 55% power at 1,525 m (5,003 ft)
- Stall speed: 97 km/h (60 mph; 52 kn) flaps down
- Range: 1,343 km (835 mi; 725 nmi) max fuel 55% power at 2,290 m (7,510 ft) with no reserve
- Service ceiling: 4,175 m (13,698 ft)
- Rate of climb: 3.866 m/s (761.0 ft/min) at sea level
- Wing loading: 82.1 kg/m2 (16.8 lb/sq ft)
- Power/mass: 0.117 kW/kg (0.071 hp/lb)
- Taylor, John W. R., ed. (1973). Jane's all the World's Aircraft 1976-77. London: Jane's Yearbooks. ISBN 0 3540 0538 3.
- Donald, David (Editor) (1997). The Encyclopedia of World Aircraft. Aerospace Publishing. ISBN 1-85605-375-X.
- Taylor, John W.R., ed. (1975). Jane's all the world's aircraft, 1975-76 (66th annual ed.). New York: Franklin Watts Inc. pp. 142–143. ISBN 978-0531032503.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fuji FA-200 Aero Subaru.|