This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
26 July 1922
20 February 2015 (aged 92)|
|Education||Conservatoire de Paris|
|Relatives||Yves Calvi (son)|
Interested in music from an early age, Calvi's first composing work was for the French production The Patron in 1949. From here he provided music for various French films, most notably Gangster Boss, for which he was nominated for the Broadway's 1959 Tony Award for his music.[clarification needed]
He also composed the memorable Asterix theme for the first film, which was dispensed with by the time the music for The Twelve Tasks of Asterix was composed in 1976.
His most recent work was for the feature film The Crab Revolution in 2004. He died in 2015, aged 92.
- Ah! Les belles bacchantes (1954)
- La Plume de Ma Tante (1958)
- La Grosse Valise (1965)
- Le Saint prend l'affût (1966)
- Bernard and the Lion (1951)
- Monsieur Robinson Crusoe (1960)
- The Fenouillard Family (1960)
- The Black Tulip (1964)
- Biography of Gérard Calvi (in French)
- Gérard Calvi on IMDb
- Gérard Calvi at the Internet Broadway Database
- "Mort du compositeur et chef d'orchestre Gérard Calvi" (in French). Le Monde. Retrieved 2015-02-22.