This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2014)
|Industry||Geothermal energy, deep drilling|
|Igor Kocis (CEO)|
Tomas Kristofic (CTO)
Ivan Kocis (Chief Scientist)
Dusan Kocis (COO)
GA Drilling (former Geothermal Anywhere) is a company headquartered in Bratislava, Slovakia with branches in Bristol (UK), Abu Dhabi (UAE) and Houston (USA). The company was founded in 1994 and rebranded as GA Drilling in August 2013. GA Drilling is also active within drilling community through participation at several industry events.
GA Drilling owns 23+ intellectual property rights (IPR‘s) for technologies in the deep drilling and material disintegration in distinct patent zones (Patents were issued by US Patent and Trademark Office, European Patent Office, Intellectual Property Office of Slovak Republic)
GA Drilling has created or is a co-founder of the network of technology organizations in the European Union, mainly in the Central European region. Its partner network consists of Slovak (Slovak University of Technology, University of Zilina, Comenius University, institutes of the Slovak Academy of Sciences) and European organisations (Weatherford UK Ltd, Imerys, EGS Energy, Altus Intervention UK). GA Drilling is also a member of European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC), European Technology Platform on Renewable Heating and Cooling (ETP-RHC), East of England Energy Group (EEEGR), Energy Industries Council (EIC), as well as European Technology Platform on Sustainable Mineral Resources (ETP-SMR).
Agreement with Schoeller-Bleckmann
In July 2013, GA Drilling announced that it has concluded a technology development and strategic investment agreement with Schoeller-Bleckmann Oilfield Equipment, maker of components for the oil service industry. The partnership is focused on the development of PLASMABIT technology and to meet major challenges of the drilling industry. This partnership ensures component supplies manufactured by SBO and allows GA Drilling to further develop its patented PLASMABIT technology. Investment supports the completion of 3rd generation of plasma disintegration device and test-rig construction for drilling at deeper depths.
GA Drilling Technology Center
On 11 October 2012 GA Drilling established GA Drilling Technology Center in Bratislava, Slovakia. The previous laboratory - Research Centre for Deep Drilling - was established On November 10, 2010 by Geothermal Anywhere in the premises of the Slovak Academy of Sciences.
- Geothermal Anywhere announces rebranding to GA Drilling . Energia.sk. May 10, 2013. Retrieved on November 22, 2013
- GA Drilling exhibits at IADC World Drilling 2014 Conference & Exhibition in Vienna, Austria. GA Drilling website. June 23, 2014. Retrieved on July 14, 2014
- Multimodal rock disintegration by thermal effect and system for performing the method. Google Patents. June 26, 2014. Retrieved on June 26, 2014
- CASE: Geothermal Anywhere on an official visit in Australia. Energia.sk. December 7, 2010. Retrieved on May 5, 2010
- SMEs to help oil and gas sector to innovate. Innovate UK. October 11, 2012. Retrieved on July 14, 2014
- Members. Stoicism FP7 project. March 1, 2013. Retrieved on July 14, 2014
- UK: Egs Energy Forms Alliance With Slovakian Drilling Technology Pioneers. Thinkgeoenergy. October 29, 2010. Retrieved on May 5, 2010
- Building our Service Alliance for Plug and Abandonment in the North Sea. www.gadrilling.com
- GA Drilling Announces Technology Development and Strategic Investment Agreement with Schoeller-Bleckmann Oilfield Equipment AG. Geothermania.blogspot.sk. July 29, 2013. Retrieved on November 22, 2013
- Pýtame sa: Tomáš Krištofič: Centrum pre hĺbkové vrty je výrazným posunom vpred. Energia.sk. October 15, 2012. Retrieved on December 29, 2012.