GCI Universal Gemological Laboratories
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Israel, US, India, Russia, Thailand and Japan
Universal Gemological Laboratories (GCI) is a modern gemological laboratory and a college for educational services. GCI founded in 1998. The laboratory’s main headquarters is right in the heart of the Israel Diamond Exchange in Ramat Gan, the largest in the world offering the greatest selection of diamonds in the world. Since its formation, the institute diversified into every aspect of the industry, while spreading its operations across the globe. Today, the GCI has regional labs and educational centers equipped with local and Israeli staff in Russia and since June 2006 in India—a disposition of four branches in Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad and Kolkata acknowledging the leading role played by India in the gems and jewelry industry. GCI is the only western lab that is official permitted by the Russian government to operate in Russia.
As a licensed member of the Association of Gemological Laboratories of Japan (AGL), diamond color masters tone set No. 069 for the gemological laboratory TGL Israel is officially registered and recognized by JJA/AGL Master Stones (color) administrative committee. The AGL was established in 1981 for the purpose of standardization of diamond grading based on the method used at the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) and on the nomenclature of color in diamonds as used by the association of Gemological Laboratories in Japan (AGL). This assures that each certificate issued conforms to the highest Japanese standards. GCI is working under the strict standard institution of ISO – International Organization for Standardization.[better source needed]
GCI contributes to the knowledge base of the gemological world by publishing and conducting research and experiments over an array of gemstones: from simple crystals to synthetic diamonds. All publications are free to access via GCI website (English/Hebrew). GCI research laboratory is a pioneer in research of new gemstone cutting shapes and supplying the scientific aspect of patent applications.
The Gemological College strives to set high teaching standards from the outset, to ensure quality courses for its students. There are various courses offered by the college and the curriculum for each course is specifically designed to train the student in each technical aspect of diamond grading, gem identification and practical work. The educational level is of GIA standards and the classes are fitted with all the necessary state-of-the-art gemological testing equipment and all students have individual access. The Israeli Diamond exchange bourse has nominate GCI College has the educational establishment in charge for the final exams and courses of the new Israeli bourse members.
GCI offers the following services according to GIA and AGL standards.
• Gem identification • Guiding, sorting and consultation for manufacturers throughout the entire manufacturing process. • Guiding and consulting regarding repairs. • Sorting for color, clarity, polish and symmetry. • Certificate for mounted jewelry. • Laser inscription services. • Fancy color identification, authenticity check of color and certification. • Identification of HPHT treatments and bombardments with FTIR and SPECTROPHOTOMETER. • Identification of clarity enhancements, laser drillings and internal drillings (KM). • Identification of man-made diamond (CVD-HPHT) and imitations. • GCI is qualified for Insurance companies and in the court of law as an expert opinion.
- "International Organization for Standardization". ISO. 2014-02-12. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Gemological Center Inc (G.C.I.)". Gci.li. Archived from the original on 2013-10-01. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "TASE Site - Homepage". Tase.co.il. 2013-12-22. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "השפעות HPHT על צבע היהלום". Israelidiamond.co.il. Archived from the original on 2014-02-25. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- Rapaport's global guide to gemological laboratories vol.28 no.41 November 2005
- IGC changes name and strengthens status as education provider IDEX MAGAZINE NO 226: POLISHED - February 9 Page 76
- Making the diamond education grade IDEX MAGAZINE NO 228: POLISHED - April 09 pages 94–97
- Organization profile gci gemological centers inc IDEX MAGAZINE NO 228: POLISHED - April 9 page 113
- Yakar, Ben-Zion (August 2010) The impact of HPHT on a diamond's colour Solitaire Magazine pages 95–98
- Pelerinaj stralucitor The One Magazine: pages 84–85
- GCI - Official site
- SSEF FACETTE, International Issue No. 12, January 2005
- Israeli Labs Vie Internationally Diamonds.net
- Daphne Iodovic "TO turn every stone" globes 2004 Globes.co.il
- AfricaGems Diamond Buying Advantage
- Financial Daily from THE HINDU group of publications
- THE IMPACT OF HPHT ON A DIAMOND'S COLOR
- Gemological Laboratory group - IGC expands and changes its name into GCI
- GSI offers a computerized certificate
- World News Gemological
- Official site
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Cubic Zirconia
- Universal Gemological Laboratory Inc