|Date of birth||15 March 1987 (age 28)|
|Place of birth||Cotoca, Bolivia|
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|2006||Club Deportivo San José|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Gabriel Aguilar (Legal Name: Juan Gabriel Aguilar Osinaga) was born in Cotoca. He holds a Bachelor's degree in humanities and this year he obtained his degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Sports Management from the Washington University (D-USA).
Gabriel Aguilar made his professional debut on 10 June 2006 with Oriente Petrolero vs San José de Oruro in Ramón Tahuichi Aguilera Stadium in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, having come up through the Oriente Petrolero youth system.
In 2007, Aguilar was selected to represent Bolivia in the Under-20 division of the 2007 Pan American Games. In 2006, he was selected for the Bolivian Under-20 team to compete in the "Youth of America" championship in Paraguay.
Skills and technical strengths: • Leadership • Dexterity • High performance • Competitiveness • Orderly and precise in the game • Defense impeccable • Overflow of balance with the opposing team is on the left or right lane.
Mr. Gabriel Aguilar, is considered one of the best soccer players in Bolivia for its multipurpose function as left and right side defense. As compared to Ex-Real Madrid, the Brazilian star "Cicinho"
The last year, Mr Aguilar and Sports Club Oriente Petrolero obtained National Champions LPFB 2010.
Mr. Aguilar, in July 2011, incorporated to Club Universitario de Sucre.
Recognition and awards
- Named "Best Player" of 2006 by the Cruceña Football Association (ACF) Bolivia
- Victoria Alada Prize: awarded by the Secretary of Sports to the Best Footballer, 2007
- Finalist, Copa Aerosur, 2007
- Finalist, LFPB National Tournament Playoffs, 2009
- Finalist, LFPB National Tournament Opening Round, 2010
- Champion, LFPB National Winter Tournament, 2010
- Champion, LFPB National Tournament Closing Round, 2010
His calm ball-handling, strong technique and his burst down the right sideline led his teammate Thiago Leitao to christen [Aguilar] "Cicinho", because his style is reminiscent of the Brazilian Real Madrid player.
- Diario El Nuevo Dia (21 August 2006)