Gabriel Fino Noriega
Gabriel Fino Noriega (born 1966/7) was a Honduran journalist and radio presenter who presented a daily news show on Radio Estelar. He also worked for Radio America (Honduras). He was shot dead on July 3, 2009 in San Juan Pueblo, near La Ceiba in the early days of the 2009 Honduran constitutional crisis. Noriega was in favour of a constituent assembly and opposed to the 2009 coup d'état. Local human rights organisation COFADEH attributed the assassination to the coup d'état, while an international human rights mission judged this claim to be a useful line of research.
Career and points of view
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2009)|
Gabriel Fino Noriega expressed opinions in favour of the 4th ballot box Constitutional assembly and against the removal of Manuel Zelaya Rosales on June 28, 2009. Sectors of society were divided over the actions on June 28 and he sympathized with the Resistance that called the removal a coup and other factors of society including the governmental branches said that it was a constitutional destitution from the presidency.
Gabriel Fino Noriega was killed by 7 bullets on 3 July when he left his workplace. The local human rights organisation COFADEH attributes the assassination to the coup d'état. An international human rights mission considered Noriega's political points of view to offer a line of research for understanding the death, but insufficient proof that the reason for the killing was political. Radio America, his employer and police both discarded politics as a motive for his death and related his murder to personal enemies.
- journalist Gabriel Fino Noriega and calls for lifting of restrictions on press freedom
- Pérez, Luis Guillermo (2009-08-06). "Gobierno de facto viola derechos humanos" (in Spanish). Agencia Latinoamerica de Información. Archived from the original on 2009-08-26. Retrieved 2009-08-26.
- "Informe Preliminar Violaciones A Derechos Humanos En El Marco Del Golpe De Estado En Honduras". Comité de Familiares de Detenidos Desaparecidos en Honduras. 2009-07-15. Archived from the original on 2009-07-30. Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- "Muertes ligadas al GOLPE DE ESTADO". Comité de Familiares de Detenidos Desaparecidos en Honduras. August 2009. Archived from the original on 2009-08-25. Retrieved 2009-08-25.
- photograph of Gabriel Fino Noriega
|This Honduran biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|