This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Traded as||Gamesys Ltd|
|Commercial||free, but with a charge for extra features|
The Gamesys Group is a software developer and operator and currently operates several online social and real money slots in the United Kingdom and other European countries, along with casino and bingo sites on web, mobile, and tablet. More recently[when?] Gamesys and Facebook launched the first online real cash gaming applications on their platform. The company was founded in 2001 by Noel Hayden, Robin Tombs, Andrew Dixon and a small team of developers. They currently employ about 1.000 people, with headquarters in Central London.
Across the group in 2012, wagering was over US$6.4 billion on their largest UK site, paying out in excess of $312 million in prize money every month.
Acquisitions have included Virgin Games, and partnerships include Tropicana Entertainment, Caesars, Heart. Gamesys was listed by the magazine eGaming Review as the fifth in their "eGR Power50" list of online gaming companies.
The group now includes:
- Gamesys Limited is the software development and technical support services business.
- Mice and Dice Ltd is the internal marketing agency for the business.
- Profitable Play Ltd is the licensed operator of Jackpotjoy.com and StarSpins registered in Gibraltar.
- Leisure Spin Ltd is the licensed operator of se.Jackpotjoy.com and it.jackpotjoy.com registered in Gibraltar
- Entertaining Play Limited is the licensed operator of CaesarsBingo.com, CaesarsCasino.com & HeartGames.com registered in Gibraltar
- Nozee Limited is the licensed operator of Virgingames.com and registered in Gibraltar
- Gamesys Spain Plc is the licensed operator of Botemania.es and is registered in Gibraltar
Gamesys was named as the UK’s number 1 fastest-growing private technology company in the Sunday Times 2006 Tech Track 100. In the 2007 listing, Gamesys was ranked at 28. The Tech Track 100 is compiled by Fast Track and ranks Britain’s fastest growing unquoted technology firms by sales.
- 2007 - Jackpotjoy.com won the Egaming Review Bingo Operator of the Year award.
- 2010 - Jackpotjoy.com won the Which Bingo Site of the Year award.
- 2011 - EGR Winners - Slots Operator of the Year, Bingo Operator of the Year, Best Marketing Campaign of the Year
- 2012 - EGR Winners - Affiliate Programme of the Year, Customer Services Operator of the Year, Social Casino Product of the Year 
- 2013 - EGR Winners - Innovation in Slots, Innovation in Bingo
The Group's primary soft-gaming brand is Jackpotjoy.com which offers both free-to-play and pay-to-play versions of their games. The games are browser-based and do not require a download. Jackpotjoy has launched games based around classic UK TV game shows including The Price Is Right, Strike It Lucky and Deal or No Deal. The company has licensed its software to a Spanish company under the Botemania brand.
The company has a contract with Harrah's Entertainment, the owners of Caesars Palace, for the CaesarsBingo.com site and Games.Heart.co.uk, which is the gaming site for Heart FM radio.
The Spanish site botemania.es is also part of the Gamesys network.
Gamesys Limited’s Jackpotjoy brand and other assets were sold to Canadian online gaming company, Intertain Group on 5 February 2015 for an initial payment of £425.8 million with additional payments to be made between years three and five. The sale price consists of a combination of cash, share considerations and cash earn out payments.
As a result of the sale, Intertain now owns both the UK and Swedish Jackpotjoy brands, UK brand Star Spins, Spanish brand Botemania plus the Jackpotjoy Slots and Star Spins Slots social gaming apps. Another aspect of the deal includes a service agreement in which Gamesys will remain onboard under the terms of a service agreement to provide end-to-end technical, marketing and operational services across the brands for a period of ten years with a clause for the possibility to license gaming content for another ten years.
- "The eGR Power 50 Database – a business intelligence tool for the online gambling industry". egrpower50.com.
- "Company profile". fasttrack.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2 March 2012.
- "EGR Operator Awards 2013 - EGR Magazine". egrmagazine.com. Archived from the original on 6 August 2013.
- "- EGR Magazine". egrmagazine.com. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016.
- "Jackpotjoy Acquired by Intertain". latestbingobonuses.com. 6 February 2015.