Gamma Phi Society
The Gamma Phi Society was a college literary society founded in New York state prior to 1833 at the Hamilton Literary & Theological Institution (today Colgate University.) The actual founding date of the society is unknown.
Gamma Phi was one of the first student societies at Colgate. It was later joined by Pi Delta around 1834. In 1840, due to active competition for membership, faculty intervened to dissolve the societies and formed the Adelphian and Aeonian Societies.
- "The History of Greek Life". Thecolgatemaroonnews.com. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- Colgate University Library Archives.
- Weaver, Glenn (8 August 1970). "Review of A History of Colgate University, 1819-1969". New York History. 51 (4): 456–458. JSTOR 23166804.
- "Colgate Beta - About Us". Colgatebeta.org. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- The Record of Phi Kappa Psi - A Short History of the Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity by Guy Morrison Walker, 1906.