At Home (store)
|Traded as||NYSE: HOME|
|Founded||1979 (as Garden Ridge Pottery)|
Number of locations
Lewis Bird, CEO|
Judd Nystrom, CFO
Alissa Ahlman, Chief Merchandising officer
Patio and garden
At Home is a big box retail chain specializing in home decor products based in Plano, Texas. The specialty retailer's stores each carry over 50,000 unique items across broad product categories including furniture, garden, home textiles, housewares, patio, rugs, seasonal decor, tabletop decor, and wall decor.
In August 2016, the company went public. As of 2016, there were 116 locations in 33 states.
Founded in 1979 with one store in Schertz, Texas, the brand was created as Garden Ridge Pottery and was later renamed simply, Garden Ridge.
Investment firm Three Cities Research became the largest shareholder of Garden Ridge in 1999. Garden Ridge filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in 2004 amid failed lease negotiations and underwent a major reorganization that included closing ten stores in Texas, Georgia, Missouri, Florida, Ohio, and Tennessee. After the reorganization, the corporation emerged from Chapter 11 in 2005.
In 2014, the company converted all stores to the At Home brand and floorplan, painting everything grey (from Garden Ridge's characteristic orange).
The company publicly filed an S-1 on September 4, 2015.
As of 2018, At Home operated more than 136 stores in 33 U.S. states.
- "At Home Group Inc Profile". CNBC. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- Gustafson, Krystina (January 1, 2017). "Two retail standouts are shaking up a tired piece of the industry". CNBC. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Garden Ridge bankruptcy won't affect Independence store". Kansas City Business Journal. February 2, 2004. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- "Garden Ridge files for bankruptcy, local stores unaffected". St. Louis Business Journal. February 2, 2004. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- Ward, Lisa (September 9, 2011). "AEA writes 50% equity check for $715M Garden Ridge LBO". The Deal. Archived from the original on February 23, 2013. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- Halkias, Maria (June 16, 2014). "Garden Ridge is evolving into At Home". Dallas Morning News. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
- "At Home Group Inc. Announces Filing of Registration Statement for Proposed Initial Public Offering" (Press release). At Home Group. September 4, 2015. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- Leu, Jon (April 3, 2018). "At Home store to move into former Shopko location at The Marketplace". The Daily Nonpareil. Council Bluffs, Iowa. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|