|— Golfer —|
20 November 1981 |
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||187 lb (85 kg; 13.4 st)|
|Residence||West Linton, Scotland|
|Former tour(s)||Challenge Tour|
|Best results in major championships
|The Open Championship||T71: 2013|
Gareth Wright (born 20 November 1981) is a Welsh professional golfer who made the cut at the 2013 Open Championship, one of only two Welshmen to make the cut (the other being Jamie Donaldson). He had secured his place in the 2013 Open through a playoff in final qualifying. As an amateur Wright represented Wales in the Eisenhower Trophy. Wright is now a club pro and in 2012 won the British Club Pros' Championship.
Results in major championships
|The Open Championship||T71|
DNP = Did not play
CUT = missed the half-way cut
"T" = tied
- Eisenhower Trophy (representing Wales): 2004
- PGA Cup (representing Great Britain and Ireland): 2013 (tie), 2015 (winners)
- "The Open: Two Welsh golfers make Muirfield cut". Wales Online. 19 July 2013. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "The Open 2013: Kilted Welshman Gareth Wright has warning for golf's superstars". Wales Online. 14 July 2013. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "Golf Open Championship: Gareth Wright gears up". Edinburgh Evening News. 11 July 2013. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
|This biographical article relating to golf in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|