|Full name||Garry Jeffrey Butterworth|
|Date of birth||8 June 1969|
|Place of birth||Whittlesey, England|
|Playing position||Left Back|
|1992–1994||Dagenham & Redbridge||83||(8)|
|1994–2002||Rushden & Diamonds||286||(9)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Garry Butterworth (born 8 September 1969) was a professional footballer, having previously played for Dagenham & Redbridge, Rushden & Diamonds, Farnborough Town, and Kettering Town. He was a midfielder.
Rushden & Diamonds
Butterwoth moved to Rushden & Diamonds in 1994 for £22,000, going on to play 368 times for the club, a club record. He also set a club record by playing in over 100 consecutive games. During his time at the club, Rushden progressed from the Southern Football League Premier Division to the Football League. His final game for the club was at Millennium Stadium in the Division Three play-offs.
His testimonial in 2001 was attended by over 4,000 fans.
Following his departure from Nene Park Butterworth joined Farnborough Town, who had just gained promotion to the Football Conference. He spent just a season there, playing 26 times, and scoring two goals. During his season at the club Farnborough enjoyed their best ever spells in the FA Cup (reaching the 4th round), and the quarter-finals of the FA Trophy.
After leaving Farnborough, Butterworth joined Kettering Town.
Butterworth has since returned to the football field in his local town Whittlesey, playing regularly for Peterborough District Football League side, Coates Athletic during the seasons 2010/2011, 2011/2012 and 2012/2013.
- Southern League Midland Division Champions
- Southern League Premier Division Champions
- Football Conference Champions
- Division Three Play-Off Finalists
Individual Honours Rushden & Diamonds
- Supporters' Player of the Year: 1995
- Supporters' Player of the Year: 1997
- Players' Player of the Year: 1997
- "Butterworth, GJ (Garry)", English National Football Archive