Gary Smith (footballer, born 1991)
|Full name||Gary Smith|
|Date of birth||28 May 1991|
|Place of birth||Glasgow, Scotland|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2010||→ Dumbarton (loan)||4||(0)|
|2012||→ Stenhousemuir (loan)||3||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 June 2013.
Gary Smith (born 28 May 1991) is a Scottish footballer who plays as a striker for Arthurlie in the Scottish Junior Football Association, West Region. He has previously played in the Scottish Premier League and Europa League for Motherwell.
Smith was signed by the Motherwell from Queens Park after he impressed the youth coaches. He was immediately drafted into the under-19 squad and made an immediate impression in the 2009-10 season, finishing as top-scorer as the Motherwell under-19 team finished second. In September 2010, Smith made his professional debut against Breiðablik of Iceland in the Europa League, a match in which the Steelmen won 1-0.
On 28 August, Smith was loaned out to Dumbarton for six-months in order to get regular first-team football. He made his debut for The Sons in a 6-0 defeat to East Fife, and made his first start in a 3-1 home defeat to Brechin City. He returned to Motherwell after his loan at Dumbarton came to an end in January.
After his release from Motherwell, Smith trained with Airdrie but suffered knee ligament damage in pre-season. He signed for Junior side Shettleston on his recovery, before moving on to Arthurlie in June 2013.
- Motherwell 1-0 Breiðablik, BBC Sport – Retrieved 6 September 2010
- Dundee Utd 4-0 Motherwell, BBC Sport.. - Retrieved 8 May 2011
- "End of season contract news". Motherwell F.C. 2012-05-11. Retrieved 2012-05-11.
- Smith joins Dumbarton, Motherwell FC official website – Retrieved 6 September 2010
- New Player Signing, Stenhousemuir FC official website – Retrieved 20 January 2012
- Gary Smith loan extended, Stenhousemuir FC official website – Retrieved 18 February 2012
- Jim O'Donnell (30 January 2013). "Smith's steeled for Meadow march to avoid a cup shock". Evening Times. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Arthurlie bring in Smith and Murray". Scottish Junior Football Association. Retrieved 20 June 2013.