|Full name||Gavin David Friels|
|Date of birth||3 August 1977|
|Place of birth||Irvine, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Dalry Thistle (player/manager)|
|Bonnyton Thistle BC|
|1995–1996||Queen of the South||0||(0)|
|1997–1998||→ Dalry Thistle (loan)|
|2006||→ Glenafton Athletic (loan)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:00, 9 March 2013 (UTC).
Gavin Friels (born 3 August 1977) is a Scottish football forward who is currently player-manager at Dalry Thistle in the Scottish Junior Football Association, West Region. He has previously played in the Scottish Football League First Division with Stranraer.
Friels started his career with Queen of the South but did not make any league appearances for the club. He dropped to Junior level at his hometown side Dalry Thistle before moving to Stranraer in December 1996. With the Galloway club, Friels won the Scottish Football League Second Division championship in 1997–1998 and the following season made 19 appearances in the Scottish Football League First Division, scoring once in a 7–1 defeat to Ayr United in September 1998. Friels left Stranraer for Junior side Auchinleck Talbot in the summer of 1999.
After scoring two goals against Maryhill on the final day of the season to help save Talbot from relegation in 2004, Friels moved on to Pollok the following season. During his time at 'Lok, Friels was capped for the Scotland Junior international team in the 2005 Quadrangular Tournament. He stepped up to the Scottish Football League again for a short spell with Ayr United in 2006 but was soon back in the Juniors, firstly on loan to Glenafton Athletic in November 2006 then permanently to Auchinleck Talbot in February 2007 after being released by Ayr. Friels failed to settle at Talbot a second time and joined Irvine Meadow in November 2007.
Friels was out of the game for a period of fourteen months following an injury suffered in a game against Arthurlie in January 2009, returning to action in March 2010. The player joined Cumnock Juniors in February 2011 before signing for Kilbirnie Ladeside in 2012.
- "2005–06 Pollok FC Squad". Jamie Wire. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Games played by Gavin Friels in 1998/1999". Soccerbase. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Hot Friels has gift of the Gav". Daily Record. The Free Library. 23 August 1999. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Neil down but Denis won't give up all hope". Daily Record. The Free Library. 17 May 2004. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Quadrangular Tournament". Scottish Junior Football Association. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Talbot's Friel good factor has returned". Evening Times. 6 February 2007. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Gavin can be Meadow great". Irvine Herald. 21 November 2007. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- John Woods (5 March 2010). "Injury hell ends for Irvine Meadow striker". Irvine Herald. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- Alistair Neil (24 February 2011). "Friels in at Cumnock". Cumnock Chronicle. Archived from the original on 26 March 2013. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- John Woods (22 June 2012). "Kilwinning Rangers signing swoop". Irvine Herald. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- Scott Campbell (9 March 2013). "Dalry old boys land new roles". The Scottish Sun. Retrieved 9 March 2013.