Booij in 2017
|Education||University of Amsterdam (PhD) University of Groningen (MA)|
|Institutions||University of Leiden (2005–present)|
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (1981–2005)
University of Amsterdam (1971–1981)
|Thesis||Dutch Morphology: A Study of Word Formation in Generative Grammar (1977)|
Geert Evert Booij (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɣeːrd ˈboːi]; born 1947) is a Dutch linguist and emeritus professor of linguistics at the University of Leiden. He is credited as the creator of construction morphology.
Booij has previously taught at the Vrije Universiteit and University of Amsterdam and has been a member of the National Research Council for Humanities since 1997. He was the Dean of the Faculty of Arts at the University of Leiden between 2005 and 2007. He is a winner of Humboldt Research Award and an Honorary Member of the Linguistic Society of America.
- The Phonology of Dutch (The Phonology of the World's Languages), Oxford University Press, 1995
- The Morphology of Dutch, Oxford University Press, 2002
- Construction Morphology (Oxford Linguistics), Oxford University Press, 2010
- The Grammar of Words: An Introduction to Linguistic Morphology (Oxford Textbooks in Linguistics), Oxford University Press, 2012
- Yearbook of Morphology (ed.)
- In isolation, Geert is pronounced [ɣeːrt].
- Bosch, Anna R. K. (2002). "Review of The Syllable: Views and Facts". Journal of Linguistics. 38 (1): 168–172. JSTOR 4176722.
- "1 PROMINENCE IN MORPHOLOGY: THE NOTION OF HEAD" (PDF). Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- Hüning, Matthias; Booij, Geert (1 October 2014). "From compounding to derivation The emergence of derivational affixes through "constructionalization"". Folia Linguistica. 48 (2). doi:10.1515/flin.2014.019. ISSN 1614-7308. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Review of: The morphology of Dutch, by Geert Booij". SIL International. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Geert Booij". Taalcanon (in Dutch). Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Two Minutes with Jaklin Kornfilt NEWS of the College of Arts & Sciences at Syracuse University". Syracuse University. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Geert Booij". ORCID. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Geert Booij chosen as Honorary Member of the Linguistic Society of America". Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Maatschappelijke relevantie Fryske Akademy 'excellent'". Nationale Onderwijsgids. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
|This article on a Dutch linguist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|