- Geiger is not to be confused with "Count Geiger", the superhero title character of Michael Bishop's novel Count Geiger's Blues.
Art by Stefano Caselli.
|First appearance||Doc Samson #1 (Jan 1996)|
|Created by||Dan Slott
|Alter ego||Delilah Dearborn|
|Team affiliations||Empire State University
|Abilities||Ability to mimic the powers of any gamma-powered beings in her immediate vicinity|
Geiger (Delilah "Dee Dee" Dearborn) is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. She first appeared in Doc Samson #1 (Jan 1996), and was created by Dan Slott and Ken Lashley.
Fictional character biography
Delilah "Dee Dee" Dearborn was a student at Empire State University who gains superhuman powers from an accident with a gamma accelerator at the school. Doc Samson mistakes her for a murderer and they fight. She later helps him track and confront the real killer.
Geiger is seen at the military base Camp Hammond, as an official recruit for the Initiative, which is a super-human military draft. She is introduced to Camp Hammond along with Ant-Man, Crusader, Melee, Geldoff, Dragon Lord, Red Nine, and Diamondback.
During the Fear Itself storyline, Geiger appears at a meeting held by Prodigy regarding magical hammers that have crashed into the earth. She saves Gravity from a grenade thrown by Crossbones, but is injured when it explodes.
Powers and abilities
Due to a Gamma radiation accident, Geiger has the ability to mimic the powers of any gamma-powered beings in her immediate vicinity, potentially making her as strong as the Hulk, as intelligent as the Leader, etc. However, she has little control over these powers, a downside exacerbated by the fact that she also takes on personality aspects of whoever she is mimicking as well.
- Doc Samson #1
- Doc Samson #2
- Doc Samson #3-4
- Avengers: The Initiative #8
- Avengers: The Initiative #10
- Avengers: The Initiative #21
- "Christos Gage (author) Comments". comicbookresources.com forums. Retrieved 2009-01-30.
- Fear Itself: Youth In Revolt #1
- Fear Itself: Youth In Revolt #2
- Geiger at the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe