Her first album Love in a Midnight Mood album on Jade was followed later the same year by a second album Here's Genie on Bright Records. In 1960 she released the single Just counting stars In 1961 she was signed to Capitol Records, and at the height of the Pachanga dance craze in the US, released a version of Eduardo Davidson's archetypical Pachanga tune, La Pachanga, at the same as other versions appeared by Hugo and Luigi and their children's chorus and in Europe by Audrey Arno.
- Love in a Midnight Mood album 1957
- Here's Genie album, Bright Records 1957
- Just counting stars 1960
- La Pachanga/Somebody Else Is Taking My Place single 1961
Billboard covered several of Pace's recordings. It rated Just Counting Stars as having "Moderate Sales Potential", describing it as "Exotic ballad with Latin beat is chanted with rich sincerity." "La Pachanga" was listed by Billboard as first on its list of "Pick Hits" (songs which its editors predicted would likely become hits) on March 20, 1960.
"I'll Never be Free" and "Rolling the Jack Twist" were also deemed "Moderate Sales Potential".
- Billboard - 6 May 1957 - Page 20 MUSIC-RADIO THE BILLBOARD MAY 6, 1957 NEW YORK — NEW YORK — Jade Records, indie label headed by ex-Bethlehem exec, Jim Bright, is enlarging its artists roster and distribution. Last week the outfit inked two thrushes, Genie Pace and Doris Allen, for both singles and albums.
- Billboard. March 7, 1960. p. 44. Missing or empty
- Billboard - 1961 March 20 p99 "LA PACHANGA (Peer, BMI) GENIE PACE (1:54) Capitol 4552 AUDREY ARNO AND THE HAZY OSTERWALD SEXTET (2:36) DECCA 31238 HUGO AND LUIGI (2:15) RCA Victor 7868— A bright new dance craze from the Latins has resulted in these three good recordings."
- Love in a Midnight Mood Discogs.com
- "Pick Hits". Billboard. March 20, 1960. p. 108. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- Billboard. March 10, 1960. p. 30. Missing or empty
|This article about a United States singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article needs additional or more specific categories. (June 2017)|